Country

Spain

Device

(Xiaomi Redmi + HP laptop)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone, thank you very much,

I think it is a frequent problem: a few days ago I received the typical message "we could not renew your subscription due to a payment problem. If you want to keep your subscription, please update your payment details". There have been no changes to my card or my bank account. I have tried to re-enter it, but the problem persists. I have tried to insert another card but I cannot update the data either.

Please some help! I don't want to lose all my playlists etc. !!

Thanks 🙂

SQS_3989_0-1616504210456.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SQS_3989,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

There's no need to worry - when you cancel your subscription and your account is reverted to the free service, you don't lose any of your playlists or saved content. You'll just need to re download them for offline listening once you subscribe again. The accounts in your family plan will also be reverted to free, so you'd need to send them the invites again to join your plan when you subscribe.

Alternatively, you could wait 24 hours since your last payment attempt to try it again, or try using a different payment method to see if it does the trick. As long as it meets all these requirements, there shouldn't be any trouble. It's also worth reaching out to your bank to check if everything is fine on their end.

We hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any questions 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I have similar issue. Old card exipred and I'm unable to enter a new one, because according to my bank, spotify is NOT PSD2 compliant. So I'm expecting spotify to suggest alternative payment methods or fix the PSD2 support.

Hey there @SQS_3989 and @RaidoIvalo,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try from an incognito/ private window?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try from another browser?

@RaidoIvalo - when you have a new card it's always good to doublecheck that the card is enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases. You can look for these settings in your bank’s mobile app.

Also, make sure your bank or payment provider has your correct details. They may need to verify your identity for security, e.g. with a password, PIN, fingerprint, or code sent to your device. 

Let us know how everything goes so that we can keep on assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks Jeremy. The secure online purchases are enabled and bank details are correct. I asked the bank to verify the issue and lack of PSD2 support is what they told me to be the issue on Spotify side.

Hey again @RaidoIvalo,

Thank you for your reply.

We've implemented all necessary security measures to handle payments within the EU. If everything is set up correctly with your bank, as you suggested though, trying another payment method might be worth a go.

If you receive any error messages it'd be great if you send it over. Just make sure that the screenshot don't show any sensitive information.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Thanks Jeremy, I tried it now in incognito mode and worked perfectly!

Raido

Hey again @RaidoIvalo,

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you.

If anything comes up we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hi Jeremy, Thank you very much for the reply,

I have tried it in incognito mode and using another browser (both incognito and normal). It doesn't work in any way ...    😕

I have checked and my card is enabled for internet payment and in secure commerce ...

What can I do now?

Thanks a lot !!

Hey again @SQS_3989,

We suggest that you have a look so that your 3d secure authentication is enabled or if your bank has changed 3d secure authentication recently?

It might be worth to cancel the subscription so that your account reverts to our free version and then try to subscribing again from a different browser or device.

We'll be on the lookout for you reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Thanks Jeremy,

Yes, I had already thought about letting the account be canceled for non-payment and re-subscribing. Would I lose my playlists etc?

What worries me is that when re-subscribing, I will use the same bank details as before. Hope that works because I don't know what to do if it doesn't.

Thanks!
Marked as solution

Hey @SQS_3989,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

There's no need to worry - when you cancel your subscription and your account is reverted to the free service, you don't lose any of your playlists or saved content. You'll just need to re download them for offline listening once you subscribe again. The accounts in your family plan will also be reverted to free, so you'd need to send them the invites again to join your plan when you subscribe.

Alternatively, you could wait 24 hours since your last payment attempt to try it again, or try using a different payment method to see if it does the trick. As long as it meets all these requirements, there shouldn't be any trouble. It's also worth reaching out to your bank to check if everything is fine on their end.

We hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any questions 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Thanks!

Ok, I'll do that.

Thank you both very much for the answers, it has been a very good service!
😉

Hi @SQS_3989,

You're very welcome, and thanks for your kind words!

For anything else you need, we're always a post away.

Have a great rest of the week 🎧

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts