Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with country change and subscription

Problem with country change and subscription

Hi,

I recently changed countries and moved (for three months) from my home country to Japan.

It was funny enough to discover suddenly that here I couldn't use my free account (even though this is a temporary situation), but it seems that I can't even pay for a monthly subscription because the cards that I have are from my home country and "Your Spotify account must match the country of your payment method."

Is there any kind of solution for this? Because getting a Japanese account/card is impossible if you are a foreigner.

1 Reply

Hey @rustyjd! Welcome to the Community.

In order to purchase Premium, you might need to register a recurring payment method (such as a credit card), which has to be from the registered country in your account.

But don't worry, you don't necessarily need to have a credit card to get Premium in your current country. First, we recommend updating your account's registered country here to Japan. Once that's done, go here and click on the "..." icon on the upper-right side of the payment options bar. Once you're there, you can choose the payment method that suits you better and follow the steps.

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

Suggested posts