Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redeem Code Is Not Working

Redeem Code Is Not Working

Plan: Free

Device: iPhone XR, MacBook Pro Mid-2012

Operating System: iOS 12, High Sierra (10.13.6)

My Question or Issue:

I normally use the Spotify Premium 1 Month gift cards (the 10$ pink ones) that I buy from the local pharmacy (Shoppers Drugmart). When I went to redeem the code on the back, I kept getting an error telling me my code was invalid. I tried typing it differently (O instead of 0) and made sure it was all in capitals, no spaces etc. First tried entering the code using three browsers on my iPhone, and when that didn't work I tried entering it via my web browser on my MacBook, incase it was somehow my phone.

Still isn't working. I've checked the receipt multiple times and it says the card was activated by the cashier. I have a reference number etc if support needs. How do I go about even contacting support? I've gone through the FAQ/Knowledge Base already, so no need to link that because obviously none of it worked - I'm posting here, after all.

It's next to impossible to find a way to contact support (same for figuring out how to post here even, and I'm not computer illiterate by any means) so what are my options? I'd like my Premium back, and I refuse to tie my bank or credit card to Spotify for a reason, hence using the gift cards. No one has scratched open the back before I did, so the code couldn't possibly have been used before. I always make sure the card I buy has no scratches/doesn't look dodgy, etc.

EDIT: Edited to fix formatting.

1 Reply

Hey @Rumancek, thanks for reaching out. 

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts