Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Account Verified but can't go any further?

Solved!

Student Account Verified but can't go any further?

My Question or Issue

I tried to change my plan to premium and went through the process to verify my student account. As you can see from my attached photo it displayed verification complete and then did nothing else. I was able to login to my university portal and so on for the verification to go ahead.

When I checked my account it was still cited that I was on premium. I tried to change it to the student account without cancelling and with cancelling it, but to no avail. There is apparently no way to physically get in touch with Spotify other than Twitter (which they don't answer, of course...) so I'm at a loss of what to do.

I also want to know if there is any way to stop the folders being created by Spotify when I listen to anything on my Macbook. It's super annoying and I've cancelled any downloading on Spotify, but this still happens. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to stop it from happening? I keep being asked to use the app so I can't even play the web player.

Plan: Premium (but trying to switch to student with headspace free)

Device: Trying to complete this on my MacBook, but I have Spotify app on my Macbook, desktop computer, iPad and iPhone.

Operating System: iOS 10+

Photo 

Screenshot 2019-03-06 at 00.38.18.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @belfastgirl

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here

About your problem, If your Premium subscription was made by iTunes, you should cancel it before set Premium for Students.

After all, I suggest that you take a look on this article:

If your problem persists, I suggest that you be in touch with the official Spotify team clicking here.

If you need more information or have other questions, let me know.

If you think my answer was useful, please like it and set as the solution. It'll be very helpful for me.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Arauújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @belfastgirl

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here

About your problem, If your Premium subscription was made by iTunes, you should cancel it before set Premium for Students.

After all, I suggest that you take a look on this article:

If your problem persists, I suggest that you be in touch with the official Spotify team clicking here.

If you need more information or have other questions, let me know.

If you think my answer was useful, please like it and set as the solution. It'll be very helpful for me.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Arauújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem with the verification, how do you resolve?

Hey @ale301,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

If you've already been verified by SheerID, you should have received an email with a link for activation. You can check your inbox, as well as your spam/junk folders and promotional or social tabs, and click on the link from SheerID to activate the offer.

In case you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. Just make sure that any sensitive or private info is hidden. We'll look into this further.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

FF40289C-D012-47E8-8F4C-BFF5E71A81B0.png

8DA5CE6A-BDF7-4F4B-963E-CC9747226F0B.jpeg

I didn’t receive any email, I logged into my uni page and after that I saw a blank page with the phrase “verification was already complete” I texted sheerid and they told me that my request is pending and I have to upload Some documents to prove I’m a student, but I don’t understand why.. I chose to log into my uni page to verify myself, and also the don’t reply me anymore via email.. I sent you the screenshot.. please help my.. I’m very scared because on my personal unipage I’ve my documents and I’m very scared that this could be a pishing move.. Help me! 

I answer you, Can you help me? I just want to know if I should feel safe to logged into my personal unipage without having an email of verification, I attached what sheerid told me after I text them days ago

Hey @ale301,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We use SheerID to confirm your status as student.

In this case we'd recommend that you try again reaching out to SheerID. The folks there can give you more information about what is required in order for the verification to be completed.

In order to activate the student discount, it's necessary to click on the verification link in the email from SheerID.

Let us know how it goes. The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m trying to contact them via email.. but they don’t reply me! I don’t know what to do!

Hi again @ale301,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Keep in mind that the verification process can take several days to be completed, so you just need to wait until you receive the confirmation email. Make sure to take a look at your Spam/junk folder too just in case.

We appreciate your patience. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts