Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch off Download option

Solved!

Switch off Download option

Hello, I've recently signed up to premium so I'm still confused with its features. I know I can switch the "Download" button to make my songs available offline, but if I switch it off, all my songs get grayed out. Do I need to leave the Download switch on 24/7? I turned itt off when I realized it was downloading way too many songs and taking over my phone space, so I thought I'd be able to at least listen to the previous downloaded ones, but as soon as I turn off the switch, they're all gone. So, do I need to leave it on always?

Another question, is it possible to download specific songs? Or I have to make a different playlist and add one by one instead of picking them off my list and just hitting a download button?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Liin, and welcome the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

When you switch off the download option, it should just un-download the songs, and you won't be able to listen to them offline. If you're not able to play songs after you turn off the download switch, then I'd recommend doing a clean reinstall of the app.

On your second question - you should be able to download any song available on Spotify, which is a great benefit of Premium. There's also some more info on Premium features here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Liin, and welcome the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

When you switch off the download option, it should just un-download the songs, and you won't be able to listen to them offline. If you're not able to play songs after you turn off the download switch, then I'd recommend doing a clean reinstall of the app.

On your second question - you should be able to download any song available on Spotify, which is a great benefit of Premium. There's also some more info on Premium features here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for the help!

Hey @Liin.

You’re very welcome! If you need help with anything else, you can always reply here or you can start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts