Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to Go Premium

Trying to Go Premium

Hi 🙂
I'm trying to upgrade to Premium using the PayPal payment method. I inserted my PayPal account information, logged in, and then pressed "Approve & Continue" on the next page. However then a blank page opens and nothing happens.
Any ideas about why this might be and how I can fix it?
22 Replies

Hello @user-removed,

Great to here you are wanting to join premium, sorry to hear you have come across some issues when trying to do this though!

Please could you try clearing your browser's cache? Or try in a different browser?

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Thanks for the relpy Thomas.
I have tried this on on Chrome and on Firefox on two seperate devices (a phone and a laptop) and on the Spotify app. The problem exists in all of them.

Hey @user-removed,

That is not good! When the blank screen appears, what is the URL in the address bar at the top? Is it a Spotify URL or PayPal URL?

If it is a PayPal one, this may be an issue with PayPal.

Eek, that is not good.

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form.

Maybe it could be because it says my country is Singapore, even though I don't live in Singapore?

Don't know why it says Singapore and for some reason can't change it. Can it be changed?

Hey,

Try this:

Login to your account overview (https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/)

Click 'Edit Profile', then scroll down to Country and update it 🙂

The "Country" drop menu includes only one option: "Singapore".

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form.

I already tried contancting the Support Center, they were the ones to send me here.

This was their response:

"Hello,

Here’s what we got from you:

"I'm trying to upgrade to Premium using the PayPal payment method. I inserted my PayPal account information, logged in, and then pressed "Approve & Continue" on the next page. However then a blank page opens and nothing happens."

We have some quick options we think can help you:

In the meantime, we have some quick options we think can help you:

• Try searching our support site with frequently asked questions.
  • Go to the Spotify Community. Even if there isn’t already an answer there to your question, you can post it and someone will answer quickly.
  • Also, find out about major service updates at @SpotifyStatus.

All the best,
Spotify Customer Service Team

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571RcddU:ref".

I can't offer any help, only I share the sentiment, can't upgrade, looked for help, contacted support, no solutions offered...

I am a bit stuck what to do here.

What I will do is escalate this issue for further review, I will inform you with any updates.

Hi @user-removed!

If possible, could you use a different payment method?

Please let me know 🙂

Thanks!

in both chrome and firefox i tried logging out of all devices, logging back in on desktop, going to Account and Subscriptions, Upgrade to Premium and I tried two different credit cards (no PayPal account) and neither card works. Something is not right here

Hi @user-removed,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Spotify payments.

Are you getting any error pages displayed?

No, it must be PayPal.
I recieved another reply from the Support Center, saying that I should make sure the country on my PayPal account matches the country on my Spotify account.
As I already told you, Spotify thinks I live in Singapore while I'm from Israel, and I can't change it. Their advice was to try changing it from an incognito tab but that didn't work either.
Is there any way I can delete my Spotify account so I can create a new one with my email and make sure it sets the right country this time?

You sure can close your account and open another on.

Please note: that it’s not possible to restore a closed account after 7 days. If you are certain of your decision, If you are a free user, you can instead visit support.spotify.com/close-account.

Click on 'Account' -> 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'

Hope this helps 🙂

Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry,
no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method
But even with other card gives the same message, and I have made recent
purchases with both cards with no problems. I also wonder if it has to do
with the fact that my previous subscription was a family subscription I
think, not sure how that would affect this one.

Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry,
no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method
But even with other card gives the same message, and I have made recent
purchases with both cards with no problems. I also wonder if it has to do
with the fact that my previous subscription was a family subscription I
think, not sure how that would affect this one.

Suggested posts