Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8, 

Operating Sytem

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Upgraded to Duo from Premium earlier today.  I have submitted the invitation to my wife multiple times and have been unsuccessful.  Here's what I've experienced.  Please help with any guidance...thank you!

1) Invite Someone (yellow oval button), People on this plan: You - plan manager

+Invite someone

2) Copy Link - Invite via email

3) Accept invite received on my wife's iphone 8

4) Continue with this account?  Lists MY username

4) Yes Continue - Blue button

5) You are the Plam Manager for this DUO Plan so you don't need to join it.

***I have tried this several times and I never see any option for my wife to confirm her address or indicate she has been recognized from the invite. it always defaults to my account username and requests MY password.  I have logged out of MY Spotify account as well and nothing changed.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

*UPDATE:

We continued to try a few different things and finally got it to work by having my wife do a password reset to the account that kept showing a link to a (possibly free Spotify account from distant past?). Went through the entire process again and the DUO invite worked for the first time.  We are now all set and thank you for the assistance....much appreciated!

P.S. I suggest there is a huge opportunity for improvement for Spotify to make this process MUCH more intuitive for the customer.  I love the service and that fueled my persistence...otherwise it would have been very easy to opt out for another service.  Comment offered with positive and constructive vibes only!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @rebgen,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Don't worry, we're here to help 🙂

The message popping up indicates that you're both logged in to the same account. It's possible that your wife is logged in to her own account in the app, however the invite is accepted via our website, not the app.

To fix this, your wife can open this page and click on Log Out. On the next screen she can log in with her own account. If she then opens the invite on the same device she did this, everything should work out.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Have an awesome day! 

Thanks for responding.

Same problem.

1) I am logged out of ALL devices / accounts.
2) Resent invite and my wife opened Premium DUO invite on her Mac laptop.
3) Next page popped up with login request. There is NO Spotify account
besides the existing Premium account I have always had. When we tried to
use the create new account a message pops up that her email account is
already linked to an account.

Something is not connecting properly. I would like to request a more
specific set of instructions or a chat to figure out what the problem is.

Thank You!

Marked as solution

*UPDATE:

We continued to try a few different things and finally got it to work by having my wife do a password reset to the account that kept showing a link to a (possibly free Spotify account from distant past?). Went through the entire process again and the DUO invite worked for the first time.  We are now all set and thank you for the assistance....much appreciated!

P.S. I suggest there is a huge opportunity for improvement for Spotify to make this process MUCH more intuitive for the customer.  I love the service and that fueled my persistence...otherwise it would have been very easy to opt out for another service.  Comment offered with positive and constructive vibes only!

Suggested posts