My Question or Issue
Upgraded to Duo from Premium earlier today. I have submitted the invitation to my wife multiple times and have been unsuccessful. Here's what I've experienced. Please help with any guidance...thank you!
1) Invite Someone (yellow oval button), People on this plan: You - plan manager
2) Copy Link - Invite via email
3) Accept invite received on my wife's iphone 8
4) Continue with this account? Lists MY username
4) Yes Continue - Blue button
5) You are the Plam Manager for this DUO Plan so you don't need to join it.
***I have tried this several times and I never see any option for my wife to confirm her address or indicate she has been recognized from the invite. it always defaults to my account username and requests MY password. I have logged out of MY Spotify account as well and nothing changed.
Solved! Go to Solution.
We continued to try a few different things and finally got it to work by having my wife do a password reset to the account that kept showing a link to a (possibly free Spotify account from distant past?). Went through the entire process again and the DUO invite worked for the first time. We are now all set and thank you for the assistance....much appreciated!
P.S. I suggest there is a huge opportunity for improvement for Spotify to make this process MUCH more intuitive for the customer. I love the service and that fueled my persistence...otherwise it would have been very easy to opt out for another service. Comment offered with positive and constructive vibes only!