Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to proceed payment

Unable to proceed payment

Plan Student

Free/Premium Premium

Country HK 

My Question or Issue

My HK credit card has recently been expired, so I was notified that my payment method is no longer valid. When I tried to proceed the payment with my other credit cards, Spotify did not handle my requests as my cards did not match the country of the serviced country.

I am in Canada for a few months, so I am unable to make another HK credit card in the near future. I also do not plan to make a local credit card. As of now, I only own 2 Korean credit cards - and Spotify does not service in Korea. 

I value Spotify very much. Please help me pay you so that I can keep listening to music. 

1 Reply

Hi @jennykoo22!

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. No worries though, I'll be happy to help:

Is your payment method issued in the same country that’s registered to your Spotify account? 
The country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile, so they can verify your location. Check out how to change the country on your account.

I’d recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps. That should help clear things up. If none of this works, you can check out other payment methods here.

Hope this helps and have a nice day, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts