Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happes if I change my email or delete my account?

Solved!

What happes if I change my email or delete my account?

Hello!

I was wondering what would happen with my community user if:

- If I change my email in my spotify account: could I access still with the SSO system?

- If I decide to delete my spotify account: my community user would be alive ?

If I decide to delete my spotify account, and then create a new user with the same email: could I access to the community from this new aacount to the same old community user?

Thanks and sorry for the difficulty.

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Colomba,

Thanks for reaching out.

1. No, because to log into the Community, you need to have an active Spotify account.
  2. Probably yes, but you won't be able to log in any more until the Spotify account is reactivated (can be done within 14 days after deletion).
  3. No, you wouldn't be able to do that, and your email will still be associated with your deleted account until you would reach out to Support to tell them that you'd like to use your email for a new account so they can free it up.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Colomba,

Thanks for reaching out.

1. No, because to log into the Community, you need to have an active Spotify account.
  2. Probably yes, but you won't be able to log in any more until the Spotify account is reactivated (can be done within 14 days after deletion).
  3. No, you wouldn't be able to do that, and your email will still be associated with your deleted account until you would reach out to Support to tell them that you'd like to use your email for a new account so they can free it up.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you, Maxim!!

Suggested posts