Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why do I have to wait 12 months to join another plan

Why do I have to wait 12 months to join another plan

So my plan ran out and we had a different credit card and now I can’t join the new plan. This is literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen and regret ever getting Spotify. Please just get rid of that dumb rule.

5 Replies

Hey @Kcoin ,

Thanks for reaching out.

As long as the owner account of the Premium Family plan is still the same, you should have no trouble re-joining the plan. 🙂 

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No it’s a different person is there other way I can get in or no?

Unfortunately not, as you can only switch plans once every 12 months.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is literally the dumbest rule. I have 9 kids and it took us a minute to figure out the plans and who was on what plan, etc. Some kids left for college, etc. We have figured it out and I want my kids currently living here with me to be on our family plan account, but since my son was on one with my daughter who left for college, he cannot now switch to ours. Why 12 whole months? It seems weird. Like maybe 3 months would be enough to have stability for your company? IDK. I just don't get why. He is not leaving Spotify, just wanting to join our plan to have things be correct. I asked customer service for an exception, but they responded they didn't have magic in their hands to do anything and they were sorry. 

12 **bleep**ING MONTHS because I didn't see that I had an email to confirm my address. What a joke.

Suggested posts