Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will not let me activate hulu

Will not let me activate hulu

I have a premium subscription and was so excited to hear I am eligible for Hulu. When I tried to activate, I kept getting an error message and it said I was not eligible. I do have Premium membership and don't know why it's not working.

16 Replies

I also keep getting a 'Bad Gateway' error. 

Hey @lanegin.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late reply!

Could you try opening the link in a different browser or incognito window? That usually does the trick 😉

Hope that helps! Let us know if you're still having trouble - we'll be right here.

I am also facing this issue. I keep recieving an error message and when contacting Hulu, they suggested I make a brand new email and sign up for a 2 week free trial?? I did not do that as it shouldn't be this complicated to link up my spotify account to hulu to take advantage of what I purchased. Now I keep getting an error mesage saying "We've hit a snag. Try again." over and over again. I tried the incognito window, that didn't change anything either.

Hey @12171669683.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

The error you were seeing should now be fixed - can you give it another go and let us know how it goes?

We'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

I also have premium and am receiving the "bad gateway" error when I click on the "activate hulu" button on my account page. I tried opening another window as was suggested and got the same error. Please help! I am eager to stop paying separately for Hulu and take advantage of this great combination.

Thanks!

I am also dealing with this issue. It just keeps saying bad error. Please help!

PLEASE help i am continuosly having the problem connecting my hulu. despite having tried the "solutions" in this thread but nothing has changed. please help.

as of April 16 the error page still keeps popping up. It is not resolved.

Hey @jazzy8992@sdmurphysmith@cassiehaw@1234539 and @lanegin,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you are currently a Premium subscriber, you'll first need to cancel your existing subscription to subscribe to this offer. 

1. Sign up for Spotify Premium with Hulu here.
  2. Either log in to an existing Spotify account, or choose SIGN UP to create one.
  3. Enter your payment details.
  4. Once you’re successfully subscribed, go to your services.
  5. Click ACTIVATE and either log in to an existing Hulu account, or create a new one.
  6. Allow Hulu to access your Spotify account.

Try a different web-browser or incognito browsing session if one of the steps is not working.

Hope it will work! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make much sense. I have been a Hulu and Spotify premium subscriber for years. I didn't even know you could get them together until I updated my Spotify payment method. Spotify signed me up automatically and sent me a message. But I got the same error message as everyone else even on an incognito browser when trying to merge them. Now you are saying I have to cancel something you signed me up for and start over again? Risk losing everything I have in Spotify? I'm sorry but y'all need to get it together. You need something in place before you even said this was even a thing. There's nothing on Hulu that even mentions Spotify and Hulu. I realize there may be glitches but having to cancel something you signed me up for to get it to work is unacceptable.

I've been dealing with this for almost a year now. I was able to connect with Showtime straight away with no trouble and have tried everything to connect with hulu. I live in the US and have followed all the instructions; clear cache, trying incognito etc. i even tried reaching out to hulu, to no avail.  I hate to tell ya but this is either a blatant scam or Hulu is simply disingenuous (shocker) 

The Premium with Hulu offer ended on May 16. It is currently still available to students. If you do not have a Spotify student premium account, then Hulu is no longer available.

In any case, the offer was only for Spotify Premium with the base Hulu service, that is, the ad-supported Hulu service, without any extras. If you have Hulu with Showtime, or live tv, or something else, then that Hulu service could not have been bundled together with Spotify.

Your reference to "dealing with this for over a year" does not make sense. The offer for Spotify Premium with Hulu, for $9.99, was launched in March 2019, and, as noted above, it ended in May 2019. Whatever you have been dealing with for over a year is not the Premium with Hulu promotion that everyone here is talking about. It is something else. There was earlier bundle offer for $12.99 that was discontinued back in March.

I'm also having this issue. Does not seem to be fixed.

That’s a lot of words.

1. Over a year ago. I signed up for the Spotify STUDENT bundle that allowed hulu and showtime as add-on’s. 

2. I was able to login to SPOTIFY and take advantage

3. I was able to log on to showtime and take advantage as well

4. I was able to log on but was NEVER able to actually play a video on Hulu.  

5. If you are unable to help. Say that. All that other fluff is neither helful or necessary.

6. Not to worry. The ONE show I wanted to watch on Hulu is now provided free on the ABC online platform with commercials, as Hulu would have. So between that and NETFLIX I’m good. But, thanks for thehelp? 

Well I qualified in the time frame and was never able to connect mine. I have had Spotify Premium for years. Since it was available here in the states. I also only have basic Hulu. No extras. I started trying to set this up after Spotify notified me I was eligible and was never able to do it. Poorly run. 

This happened to me as well but I found a possible fix.
If you already have a hulu subscription, Cancel it then try to activate it again through your spotify services. 
It should finally send you to a page prompting you to switch your billing over to Spotify.

Suggested posts