Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

This morning I opened Spotify and to my horror my entire library from the last 2 years is gone.  I tried logging in through the web interface and they were gone there to!  Does anyone have a suggestion for contacting someone at Spotify for help?  I am a paying customer and would hope our accounts are backed up somewhere. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but Spotify did a full overhaul on the Library and everyone's music libraries have been drastically altered/wiped out. Your music might be in a folder called "Liked Songs". Basically, if you didn't "like" the album itself, it has gone into limbo, but specific songs that you "like" have gone into that folder.

Personally, I've spent weeks working on reclaiming my music library. As a premium user, this is not what I'm paying for. I keep checking here to see if things have changed, but it's not looking good.

May I recommend this thread, if this is indeed the problem you're facing:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Remove-individual-track-from-saved-album/id...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Skrell, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this.

To head you into the right direction, could you let me know if you see any devices you don't know here? Also, did you get a notification about any account logins or changes?

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No, there are no unknown devices and no I did not receive any information saying my account has been hacked or changed in any way.  What is the next step?  

Hey @Skrell,

Thank you for the info.

I'd recommend checking out this support article under 'Everything I have saved has disappeared' section for further help on this.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but Spotify did a full overhaul on the Library and everyone's music libraries have been drastically altered/wiped out. Your music might be in a folder called "Liked Songs". Basically, if you didn't "like" the album itself, it has gone into limbo, but specific songs that you "like" have gone into that folder.

Personally, I've spent weeks working on reclaiming my music library. As a premium user, this is not what I'm paying for. I keep checking here to see if things have changed, but it's not looking good.

May I recommend this thread, if this is indeed the problem you're facing:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Remove-individual-track-from-saved-album/id...

I was not aware of this major change(nor did they warn anyone!) but the link you posted seems to address the massive, and regressive, changes I'm seeing.  I will be canceling my suscription as this is COMPLETELY unacceptable!!   Spotify should be ashamed and clearly don't have their sh!t together!

To make things worse, they have ZERO customer support and instead I'm forced trying to piece together what happened through this sh!tty forum. 

This link also confirms the change:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Missing-music-after-Library-update/td-p/4766913

Suggested posts