help with cancelling payment for subscription

Plan

Free/Premium

Country  uk

Device

(iPhone 6

Operating System

(iOS )

Can anyone help, i took out premium and cancelled it a few months ago. I shut my Facebook page, completely deleted it, when i log into my spotify now (i managed to change password and now log in using the email i used for facebook and password) it says i only have free, but ive been getting charged through my EE mobile phone bill. They say they cant stop it that spotify has to ...but cant find a way to contact them. I want to reinstate premium but pay through paypal but dont want to do it while they are still taking money from EE or i will be paying twice. Im paying now and getting nothing for it.  Any help appreciated..thanks

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hey there @rachelg93

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have both free and Premium accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. 

We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts.

Once you've located your Premium account you can cancel the subscription you're paying via mobile. Then you can resubscribe using the PayPal payment method.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thank you for reply, i think i have sussed it and i will tell you how for if anyone else has same problem. Because i signed up using facebook account, i signed up through a third party app called Boku, which is the billing company for spotify, but you have to contact them to cancel. To do this you have to go to https://customer.boku.com/login

Select your country, enter your mobile number thats being charged....then click "request pin" you get a pin in a text, put that in and it takes you into your account. Once in click on "subscriptions tab" it will have you subscription listed there, when you took it out, you click on "Cancel Subscription". you should then get a text confirming its cancelled and your status on it will change from active to cancelled. Took me days to sort this out, EE could not help, i got this info from private messaging spotify and they couldnt even cancel it, i had to go to this Boku site to do it. Moral of story...dont sign up using facebook !! I am going to sign up again for premium now but do it with my paypal so i can cancel easier if i want to. Thank you for your help !!

ssbuko.jpg

Suggested posts