Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

overcharged as a student!!!

overcharged as a student!!!

I am aware of the below information however I think it is absolutely ridiculous that it was not made clear! I did not know this information until I found out I was being overcharged! I am absolutely fuming and I cant even speak to someone directly about this matter. From the 12th of July to the 12th of February this year I have been charged £14.99 every time. That is 8 overcharged payments! £80 worth of extra they have received without giving me ANY warning about this matter. I would like a FULL refund of this money. Absolutely outrageous. 

Overcharged for the student discount? Premium Student is valid for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed. When the discount expires, your subscription automatically continues at the standard rate for Premium Individual unless you cancel or apply for another year (with a 4-year limit). To renew, just go to www.spotify.com/student and either log in to your uni’s portal or upload proof of enrollment. Once you've renewed, you'll get the discounted rate for another 12 months.

This situation needs to be rectified ASAP and I expect you to get back to me as quickly as it would take from a phone call considering you mention "Online support allows us to send and receive links and screenshots, helping us answer questions and figure out issues more efficiently. " 

1 Reply

Hello there @alicemartin,

Glad to have you in the Community! 

Sorry to hear that you've been paying more than expected for your Premium plan. We send you an email when your Student Discount is about to expire, so that you can renew your student status in time. If you haven't received any notification form us, make sure you entered the correct email address on your Spotify account.

You can also always check the status of your subscription on your account page, under Your plan.

While it's not possible to get a refund for your subscription retroactively, you can always get another 12 months of the discounted rate once you reapply for Premium Student so that the discount period is simply postponed until you reactivate it. 

For full information on this, have a look at our Terms and Conditions.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you've any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts