Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Members can only switch Family plans once a year."

Solved!

"Members can only switch Family plans once a year."

I used to share a premium duo for the past 2-3 months with my sister until my parents decided they wanted to join spotify as well. For some reason I couldn't upgrade my plan from duo to family on my account, so my father had to use his own to sign up the new plan. The problem is that my sister cannot join the family on spotify anymore for the next 12 months because she was the invited one for the duo plan and invited once again for the family one. Will she really have to create another account so she'll be able to join us?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @amanzrt,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Unfortunately, she'd have to create a new account if she wants to join the newly created Family plan. This is intended to stop users with malicious intend from exploiting the system.

Not to worry, your sister can easily transfer her full library over with the steps described in this Spotify Guide over to the new account.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @amanzrt,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Unfortunately, she'd have to create a new account if she wants to join the newly created Family plan. This is intended to stop users with malicious intend from exploiting the system.

Not to worry, your sister can easily transfer her full library over with the steps described in this Spotify Guide over to the new account.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts