Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Oops, something went wrong. Please try again or contact our support team" When trying to subscribe

"Oops, something went wrong. Please try again or contact our support team" When trying to subscribe

Plan

Premium (Attempting to subscribe to it)

Country

Philippines

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 11, Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to subscribe to Premium using my load, (It's Smart in case that's important) I receive a message saying "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again or contact our support team." I've been trying to subscribe for 30 minutes now.

spot.png
13 Replies

Hey there @Cryonix,

thanks for posting !

I'd suggest trying a different device for the procss or using an incognito web page as it tends to do the trick.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Same here. How do I fix this

Hey @alecsachs2468,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community.

If you haven't already, here are a couple of things you can try out:

• Use an incognito / private window. On some devices it's called Secret Mode. You should find this option in your browser's menu.
  • Clear your browser's saved cache and data and try again.
  • Use a different browser. For example, if you normally use Google Chrome, try with Microsoft Edge.
  • Use a different device. You can try from your mobile device, instead of your computer and vice versa.
  • Try changing your network. If you use Wifi, try switching to mobile data instead.
  • If possible, try another payment method.

Hope this was useful. We're always here if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks. I got it fixed

Hi @alecsachs2468,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to see that everything got fixed for you.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello. I have the same issue and I already tried doing it on different devices, on incognito mode, with different credit cards and I even tried creating a new account and trying to buy spotify premium on there and it still doesn’t work:(( please help

Hey @Hannaaxox,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As you've tried with multiple cards and it hasn't worked, it'd be best to contact your bank to get more input on why the transactions may be failing.

In the meantime you can buy a Spotify gift card from a store, id gift cards are available in your region, or try using a completely different payment method.

On this page you can find some troubleshooting steps on failed payments. 

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, how did it work for you? 

Hello, I have the same problem. I contacted the support team, did everything they told me, but I still can't update my payment. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

@chnchn, just to make sure, do you have an active subscription at the moment? If so, we suggest that you try cancelling it and waiting until your account reverts to the free service. Once that happens, try re-subscribing again.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Having the same issue here but I'm using gcash to subscribe, I already contacted support team and did what they asked me to do. And still nothing happen, I even uninstall the app hoping something will change and install it again. Yet still the same

Having same issue. 

Capture d’écran 2023-12-01 à 21.52.49.png

This happened to me - my solution.

I had the free spotify trial, it expired and it just kept billing me - no fuss. At some stage I changed my credit card and it error'd out. I ignored for a while before wanting premium again. I tried to 'update' my card details but got constant errors whilst using different devices and platforms. Instead of 'updating my card details' I had to 'cancel my plan' first and then select a new plan - my payment was then accepted without errors.

Suggested posts