Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

strange charge on card?

strange charge on card?

hi all, i was checking my recent transactions earlier and i noticed that spotify had changed from its usual “Spotify USA” name to just “Spotify” and when i tried comparing both merchant info, the “Spotify” one came up with an address to a house in Nebraska. there hasnt been a double charge or anything its just that change, but i was wondering if anyone else has had this experience?
im still getting spotify premium as usual so i don’t know if they just changed how their information is viewed through the banks or what, but that change has me a little suspicious and paranoid.

1 Reply

Hello @venomsunsets!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. It's possible that some changes were made internally in the way Spotify charges for Premium and therefore it shows a different recipient name. However, as long as you were charged the right amount and your Premium features still work, it should be just fine. Make sure to let me know if you notice anything else though. On another note, talking about online safety, here are some steps you can take to protect your Spotify account.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX6R7QUWePReA?si=7dcc49d968734b60

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts