Country

Romania

Device

(iPhone, desktop computer)

Operating System

(iOS 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi,

You now have the offer €0.99 for three months subscription. I have tried many times to make the payment with my debit card (from ING bank) and with my Revolut card (for which I had to change the country to UK) and neither of them is working. It says Payment Failed.

I’ve tried to log out/ private window / different browsers nothing is working.

What I should try ?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @emanoil-florin.

Thanks for getting back to us about this.

In that case, we recommend that you reach out to our Customer Support team here, who can take a look backstage and see the activity on your account.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you have any other questions 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. I’d recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps. Also note the 3 months for $0.99 offer is only available for new subscribers.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for you reply. I did check that article, before posting here. Yes, I’ve read the terms, I haven’t use Spotify premium service on the current account till now (not even the free 1 month) and I’ve tried to pay for the 1 year subscription, and is not working.

I’ve also found a post here (Romania users) where it says that you charge €0 and some Banks reject it, but it makes no sense as it’s €0.99.

Can you or someone please check the real reason for the payment being rejected?

Cheers!

Hello there!

Thanks for your reply. Can you let me know if you used that payment method to pay for a Premium subscription in the past? If so, you will have to try another payment method as, unfortunately, you can't pay for this promotion with a payment method used in the past.

Keep me posted 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Jose,

I’ve never used Spotify as premium user and never paid something to Spotify. But as I’ve said I’ve tried to pay for the one year subscription too and is not working.

Please let me know if you need more details from me.

Cheers

Hey @emanoil-florin.

Thanks for getting back to us.

If it's still not working we recommend reaching out to your bank. You can also try a different payment method but this needs to be a Romanian payment method.

Hope it'll work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hey,

I’ve just had a  call with the bank (ING Romania), and they say that they can’t see any records of Spotify trying to take an amount of money from account. In other words, your payment platform, in my case never reaches the bank. Can you investigate please further more? Keep in mind that, Revolut card is not working either, I never was a premium user, so it must be an issue with my account?

Please let me know, as you definitely must have more information regarding the payment failure.

Cheers!

Marked as solution

Hey @emanoil-florin.

Thanks for getting back to us about this.

In that case, we recommend that you reach out to our Customer Support team here, who can take a look backstage and see the activity on your account.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you have any other questions 🙂

Hi Peter,

Ok, I'll try with Customer Support team then.

Many thanks,

Florin

Suggested posts