Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Aaaand everything is gone

Solved!

Aaaand everything is gone

Hi, so I turn on my spotify and everything is gone. Looks as if I'm loging for the first time in. Before that I'm having trouble logging in using facebook. Trying to recover playlist and it says error and try again later.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dytautas,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Since you originally signed up for Spotify via email, let's check if you can disconnect from Facebook the account you're currently logged in.

If the account you're logged in is your original account, it should be possible to disconnect it from Facebook.

On the other hand, if you can't disconnect it, then this account was originally created through Facebook and it's not the account with your playlists.

To check if you created your account with an email/username & password or with Facebook, do the following:

1. open the desktop app (you can always download it here)
  2. click the downward arrow next to your username (top right corner) > Settings > Social.

If you see an option to Disconnect from Facebook, your account was made using an email/username & password. If you don't see it, your Spotify account was created through Facebook instead.

Let us know which one is the case and we'll proceed accordingly. Looking forward to your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi @dytautas,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

If it looks as if it's the first time you're logging into Spotify (for example, the account you're accessing has 0 playlists and Liked Songs), it's likely you're accessing the wrong account. 

About logging in using Facebook, it'd be awesome if you could share a screenshot of the error message you receive. If you have a Spotify account created through Facebook and want to access it, try logging out everywhere and logging back into your account page with your Facebook email and password by clicking 'LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK'.

If the Spotify account you access in this way is empty as if it's the first time logging in it, then the account you're trying to access (the one with your playlists) is definitely not a Facebook-created one. In this case, it'll be helpful to take a look at this support page article and follow carefully the steps under 'Check email addresses'.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if we can do anything else!

Mario Moderator

I left it logged in with the same account as always (I only have one spotify acc). When I turned on spotify it was empty ( I made sure it's the same acc). After that I did try logging off and on again and it had problems with FB authentication, so I did reset my password via email. Attaching SC of the  error.

spotfify.png

Hey @dytautas,

Thanks for your update!

To clarify, did you originally sign up and create your Spotify account containing the playlist(s) you're trying to recover by using Facebook (clicking the blue button on the top 'SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK') or by using an email address (clikcing the green button on the bottom which says 'SIGN UP')?

We'll keep an eye on your reply. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime 🙂

Mario Moderator

Originally I sign up with email, but later on merged it with FB. But I did that few years ago. I did used FB to log in before. To best of my knowledge I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Marked as solution

Hey @dytautas,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Since you originally signed up for Spotify via email, let's check if you can disconnect from Facebook the account you're currently logged in.

If the account you're logged in is your original account, it should be possible to disconnect it from Facebook.

On the other hand, if you can't disconnect it, then this account was originally created through Facebook and it's not the account with your playlists.

To check if you created your account with an email/username & password or with Facebook, do the following:

1. open the desktop app (you can always download it here)
  2. click the downward arrow next to your username (top right corner) > Settings > Social.

If you see an option to Disconnect from Facebook, your account was made using an email/username & password. If you don't see it, your Spotify account was created through Facebook instead.

Let us know which one is the case and we'll proceed accordingly. Looking forward to your reply!

Mario Moderator

Thank you for your help. Apperantly back when I created my spotify acc I did used different email. Not sure how did I end up so confuzzled but thank you for helping me to sort this out.

Suggested posts