Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After playing a few songs, it starts to play a random song from a playlists on repeat.

After playing a few songs, it starts to play a random song from a playlists on repeat.

So, I'm premium. I read about the AutoPlay, but is not about that. After playing a few songs of a group/album/list/radio, Spotify starts to play a song (it's not the same song, but it's always playing a song) and with no volume. That means that I can see how the song is finishing but I'm not listening to it, and then starting to play it again.

I collected more information about the issue. All the songs played seems to be from the same list or radio, but I'm not sure.

It happens with the software in Windows and it happens in my Amazon FireStick. I haven't prove it yet on my phone or my PS4.

It's quite annoying since none of the lists produced are going to be accurate at all and I use to play the songs that I listen the most for a long time and, since I sleep with lists on, and wake up with the same issue, all the historical data is corrupted.

2020-03-23.png
11 Replies

Similar issue here.

I have Spotify premium. I play Spotify both in my phone and in my echo dot.

I'll be listening to my playlist and suddenly the music will change to a random song I've never listened to. Sometimes I'm not playing anything and music will start playing in my echo dot (random song as well). It's quite annoying.

What I've realised is that the problem seems to be with the Android app because I uninstalled it and played music on echo and it seemed to work fine.

Any solution?

Hey there!

After a day with no issues, I'm gonna write in here what I did in order to avoid this problem.

So, I thought it could be a phishing problem or something related. I log off from every device and change the password. After doing that, I had no issues yesterday and today everything is working just fine.

I hope that helps to everyone who has the same the very same problem.

I too have this same issue but it's happening in same playlist . Whenever I start any playlist it's in starting going well , after two or three song or in half of the playlist complete it's again started from the first song and keep repeating it ... I have free account and it's happening after I updated spotify .. and it's also double streaming , at first it's keep repeating the song in same playlist .. and i also try by changing playlists and it's started to again stream by this repeating.. it's happening from almost a week now . And I use spotify for stream with Samsung android ..

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As @happyxyz mentioned, it's worth logging out everywhere and resetting the password of your account. Could you give it a try? You can find more tips on how to secure your account on this page as well.

If this doesn't help, try using a different account to see if the behavior is still the same.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Actually I can't reset the password 'cause I logged in with my phone no. And I try by making another spotify account but it's Still happening. 

And I try to log in and out too.. and I also updated it..

Screenshot_20220807-120338_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-120332_Spotify.jpg

 this is a new account.  And from first one same happened. 

Hey @Richabv1,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you log in to your account on a different device to check if the same happens there?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hii, 

I try every possible way,  but still it's not working..😥

and I noticed whenever I interact with any playlist it's happening.. I mean by like or dislike the song by this too it's happening..

Hey @Richabv1,

Thanks for the reply.

In order for us to let our tech team know about this issue, we'd need a short video recording of your experience and the brand/model/operating system of your device together with the app version you're currently using. Just make sure you're running the latest version from an official source like the Google Play store.

We'll be on the look for your reply,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey .. thanks for the support.. 

My spotify is back too work good now .. I mean it's again working ok .. if it's happen again I will surely reply here with screen recording.. and inform here if it's happen again.. again thanks for your time..🥰

Suggested posts