Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

(Windows Laptop)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can download and play offline albums on my Android-Phone. But those Albums are not shown under "albums" on the desktop-app-version nor can they be found anywhere else. Also, there's no "download"-button on the desktop-version, either.

Any hints on this issue??

Thanks and warm regards

Markus

2 Replies

Hey there @ug23a7avcl07sx

Help’s here!

If you can't see and use some of the features of the Spotify desktop app we can recommend running a clean reinstall as a first step. This will ensure you get the latest version of the desktop app and remove any corrupted files from the previous installation. Check out this help article on how to perform the clean reinstall depending on the device you use.   

In case the clean reinstall doesn't help you get them back, send us a screenshot showing the missing features. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Good news!

A new desktop app update with a new design is currently rolling out to all users. One of the new features is the ability to download albums and podcasts just like you can in the mobile app.

You can read more info about the new desktop app in this news article:

Introducing a New Spotify Experience Across Desktop App and Web Player 

The desktop team also has a blog post in the community about it:

The New Desktop App

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts