Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

moto g(6)

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

When clicking a song inside of my library, Spotify plays a completely different song (seemingly at random) from my library, except for the one I selected.

Beta version 8.6.80.567

13 Replies

Hey hey @rvdializ!

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? This will force a sync between your device and your account.

Does this happen on all playlists and albums or only on the ones you've saved/your Liked songs?

Screenshots of what you see in your Library when you go to choose a song will be very helpful to our investigation as well.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, I've followed the steps you detailed to re-sync my device and they have not solved the problem. I've also confirmed that this only occurs inside of my library with my saved/liked songs, albums and playlists work as normal.

I'll attach a short gif of what I see when selecting a song, thank you.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

Hi there @rvdializ,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

​​​​​​​Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey!

I have the same problem as well. When I click a song in my library, it plays a different song (I don't have this problem in my playlists though).
I've already performed a clean reinstall and my OS is up to date.

If it is useful: I have a premium plan and I'm running on Android 11.

Hey @CharlesBdlr,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know your exact Spotify version, as well as it this is happening on any other devices like your desktop or web player?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey,

My Spotify version is beta 8.6.80.977 and I don't have this problem on the desktop app or the webplayer.

Hello, I am now on beta version 8.6.82.1 and the behaviour when a song is selected is to always choose the song at the top of the list. I have tried with different sorting options (title, artist, recently added) and it always chooses whatever the first song is.

Same here. Clicking on any song in library causes random song being played (when in shuffle mode) or always plays very first song on the list (when shuffle off).

Happens only on Favorite/Liked Songs Playlist. Song selection on any other playlists works just fine.

Premium plan, Android 10, Version 8.6.80.977.

Already tried: logout - login; delete all downloaded songs and re-download; re-install app completely; restart phone.

Now that you point it out, I can confirm that it chooses a random song when shuffle is on and the first one when shuffle is off.

Hey @CharlesBdlr,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that.

In TestFlight, there is a link to "Send Beta Feedback". If you click it, you will be able to send an email where you can describe the issue. In the "What to Test" section, you will also see the email address for reporting issues.

This info will get forwarded to the right team so they can look into it. We suggest that you include as much details of what's happening as you can so it can help them in the investigation.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Just got update 8.6.80.1007 - The issue seems to be fixed there. Song selection works as intended.

It seems to be fixed on 8.6.82.443, too.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and confirmation.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should for you 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts