Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Your Library] Auto-erase songs when removed from downloaded playlists

Solved!

[Android][Your Library] Auto-erase songs when removed from downloaded playlists

I recently favorited a song. My favorited songs are meant to be downloaded in my device. The problem was that I removed it from my favorite tracks but it kept being downloaded, so I had to favorite it again and erase the downloads there. That made think that if I download a playlist from another user and they remove that song from the playlist, I won't ever be able to erase it.

Downloading the album and erasing it doesn't help either. The songs stayed downloaded.

We need songs to be erased automatically when removed from downloaded playlists.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @JJSTRK

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

Could you let us know if the songs you remove are still showing up in your playlist? Also, we'd like to know if you remove them while in Offline mode. 

On another note, if the songs you remove from one playlist is in another playlist or in an album already downloaded, they'll still appear there. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @JJSTRK

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

Could you let us know if the songs you remove are still showing up in your playlist? Also, we'd like to know if you remove them while in Offline mode. 

On another note, if the songs you remove from one playlist is in another playlist or in an album already downloaded, they'll still appear there. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried with a playlist and the files for erased normally, so my fears were unfounded. However, the issue does occur when I erase my liked songs (even online). But that's totally on me. I know if I'm going to erase something. The problem is solved in my opinion.

Thanks for accepting our solution @JJSTRK!

Let us know if you need us again, we're always happy to spotify:track:6EdSN1iGtLPhcz43QDRkdK

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts