Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Your Library] Sorting options for Playlists, Artists, and Albums on Android app

Solved!

[Android][Your Library] Sorting options for Playlists, Artists, and Albums on Android app

I recently switched to Spotify and it's generally been a blast. However, I find that if the sorting options available inside playlists were also available for the Playlists, Artists, and Albums sections on Android it would make for an even greater experience. (The way it is on PC.)

I already have around 30 liked albums (and I didn't even try to get here) and I imagine in a month or so my Albums section will become completely unmanageable in the Android app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for confirming this is solved, @stiops!

We've moved your idea submission to the relevant help boards, so it'll be easier to find for other users with the same question.

If there's anything else you need help with, just give us a shout.

Happy Holidays 🎄

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I agree. What currently brought me here was to figure out how to sort R.E.M.'s catalog in a logical way. If I sort by artist, it just lumps them together in weird ways - not by year released or alphabetically. It's like a random order (possibly by database id).

It just leaves a weird feel for a discography... the logic is there when you go to the artists page (chronological order)... not sure why it can't also show up as such in the library's Album page.

Updated on 2020-12-25

Hey there @stiops

Thank you for submitting your idea!

Just to clarify, there is already an option to sort and filter Playlists, Artists and Albums in Your Library on mobile when you pull down within each of those sections. Check out this Spotify Answer for more info.

Is this what you had in mind? If not, we'll just need a bit more info to understand your idea in order to give it the right status.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

XeniaModerator

Thank you! I didn't notice this feature before. Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. Should I mark my submission as solved in some way?

Marked as solution

Thanks for confirming this is solved, @stiops!

We've moved your idea submission to the relevant help boards, so it'll be easier to find for other users with the same question.

If there's anything else you need help with, just give us a shout.

Happy Holidays 🎄

XeniaModerator

I realize this is for Android... any chance this is also sortable on desktop app?

Also really cool there's a sort for recently played!

Suggested posts