Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists have disappeared from my library!

Artists have disappeared from my library!

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

notebook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently, artists have disappeared from my library. They seem to be still watched (followed), but looking through the library, I can't find them on the list. What does anyone know? Building the library and the ability to browse the collection is for me the main reason for paying for the premium package.

I am asking for information if anyone knows what is going on.

13 Replies

Hey @mareckiebm,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, do you still experience this after a thorough reinstall of the Spotify app?

Keep us posted. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried this, no effect. I asked my question in polish also, but answers are in english, look if you want:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Znikaj%C4%85cy-arty%C5%9Bci-z-biblioteki/m-p/4983428/h...

Hey @mareckiebm,

Thanks for replying.

I looked into your previous thread. Awesome that you shared it.

To further understand the situation, do you experience the same with other artists (other than Ozzy) if you un-follow them and then follow them again?

We'll look out for your updates!

Mario Moderator

Yes, Ozzy is only an example...

Hey @mareckiebm,

Once more thank you for keeping us in the loop. 

At this point, would you mind sharing the Spotify links to some of the artists you experience this with? We'll test it on our end and will let you know if there are any issues with these profiles. 

Looking out for your next reply!

Mario Moderator

Hey, any ideas?

Hello there! I have a similar problem to solve, or to explain.

Bunch of informations:

- free account

- located in Poland

- using a PC app, Windows 7 + sometimes app on Android 8.0

- issue spotted in the PC app, and confirmed on Android app

- re-installed PC app

App setups on PC:

- the app is not starting with the Windows - I open it manually

- when I hit the closing button, the app is closing (no activity in the background)

So! There is an issue going on from about few days. I'm new in the Spotify community (so please correct me, if I will do something wrong about this notification). I'm not collecting any playlists and songs. I'm following only many Artists, and 2 albums.

For now I have 84 followed artists. When I hit a "follow button" on a new artist, then it's appearing as a followed artist on my list, but when I close the app, and open it again in a while, the followed artist is no longer followed, the "follow button" is on a un-followed mode. I checked it on my Android app - the artist just disappeared as well...

Anyone can explain me, why new artist are just disappearing from my list? Maybe there are some limits, and the free users can follow only 84 artists?

With regards, FreeUserEurope

P.S. Reminder - yes, I re-installed the app.

Hi there @FreeUserEurope,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

First, we'd recommend logging out and back in twice, as this will force synch your account with the servers. You can use the Log out Everywhere option from your account page.

After that we'd also suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices, as there might be corrupted cache causing these issues. Follow the steps from this guide. A clean reinstall is different than simply deleting and redownloading the app, as it involves deleting all app data.

Let us know how if goes after you've done this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

LOL... It's getting weird here... New issue - APPEARING!

I deleted one band from my artist library, and after closing/opening the app on my PC the artist appears on my list again!

84 is a magic number, and when I achieve that number, then there is no possibility to add/remove artists, or what the funk is going on?

Edit: according to the Alex's response I will follow the tips and see what will happen. Tanks!

Hi @FreeUserEurope,

Thanks for the quick reply.

There might be an issue with your account syncing to the servers. That's why we suggested running the steps from my previous comment.

Keep us posted on how it goes after you get the chance to try the log-out and clean reinstall 🙂

AlexModerator

Still do not work! C'mon, I pay for having big library and my artists still dissapearing! Since few months I do not have any constructive help - exept naive advices about re-install, re-loging etc. I am really disappointed...

Hi there @mareckiebm,

Sorry to hear that you've tried all the traditional troubleshooting like a clean reinstall, deleting the app cache etc. you're still facing this issue after a few months. Have you tried logging in with a different account on your device? You can create a new test account with another email address and check if the Library functions properly on that one. If that's the case you can move your music collection over by following this guide.

We're recommending trying another account, because if there is an issue that our developers are working on resolving it is posted and can be tracked from the Ongoing Issues section. Since this is something that we weren't able to reproduce and haven't gotten multiple reports from users about it, it's more likely something connected to specific accounts.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts