Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blend Beta Playlist Feedback

Blend Beta Playlist Feedback

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 14.5

My Question or Issue:

Really excited about the new Blend playlist beta, however I noticed an error with some of the music that it's including in the blend between me and my friend.  It added a number of songs to the playlist that are songs I use in my "Sleep Scores" playlist, however I only ever exclusively listen to that specific playlist on a "Private Session" as to not mess with my listening data.  I never see these songs in any other of the "Made For You" Spotify-generated playlists I listen to (like my Daily Drive, or my mixes; and my Release Radar/Discover Weekly playlists never recommend songs related to the songs in my Sleep Scores playlist).

Therefore, it looks to me like the Blend playlist might be pulling in data from the Private Sessions, which I don't think it's supposed to be doing.  I know this feature is still in Beta which is why I wanted to provide this feedback so your team can investigate as you work on this feature.  Happy to share any additional information about this. 

11 Replies

Hey @emilyward749,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and for sharing your troubleshooting!

We've passed this info on to the relevant team at Spotify 🙂

Since the feature is still in beta testing there will be further development until the official release.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Oppo A9 2020

Operating System

Android 10

My Feedback:

The blend feature is really cool one and I loved trying it out... but I have something to say on the similar lines... There are a lot of music which maybe personal for me or I'd not like to share them on my blend... as such, giving the user a choice to maybe remove those songs or something similar would be really nice... looking forward to the future updates 🙂

Another blends feedback topic -

When looking at the playlist on the desktop app, you can't see which user profile the song came from, whereas in the mobile app it shows the user's pictures beside the song so you know which user the song related to. Pics uploaded for reference. Also would love the ability to change the playlist cover photo to personalize it!

lowercase28_4-1622730641311.pnglowercase28_5-1622730859491.png

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community 🙂

There's currently no integration in Blends to remove songs, see which user the songs come from and to change the cover photo, but this is useful feedback and we'll make sure to pass it along.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey @lowercase28,

we've passed on this bit of feedback as well. Thanks for reaching out and sharing your thoughts on this Beta feature! We'll be using all this feedback to make Blend better over time 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I also love the Blend feature but I wish it updated more often. The majority of the songs are the same even after it "updates" daily. I definitely agree with other users regarding maybe having an option to remove or hide songs from the playlist. Otherwise, I'd just love to see it update more often with different songs, not the same ones daily.

Hi @xresurgam,

Thanks for the post.

Real user experience with features in testing is very valuable, as it helps the developers make them even better 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share this with the community.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Have there been any recent developments regarding the blend features?

Hey there @ArjoEmrys

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

You can read all of the info about the Blend feature here. Also, you can check how it works in this article.

Regarding your idea about removing songs from the Blend playlist, it seems other users would like to have that option too and posted this idea. You can add your vote to it, if this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea.

Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey there, I can't for the life of me get the one Blend playlist I've joined to STOP PLAYING. You won't let me leave (error) either. Every time I play a song from another playlist, the Blend playlist picks up after that song. 

Here are things I've tried: 

• Leaving the Blend on Mobile (throws error message)
  • Logging out and back in
  • Downloading the latest version of Spotify and restarting the app on my phone 
  • Listening as a “Private session”
  • Turning off autoplay in my settings
  • Various ways of starting a different playlist
  • Deleting and re-downloading the latest desktop version

Please help! 

Hey @MineyMo,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if the Blend playlist starts playing after every song both on Mobile and Desktop? Also, does the Blend playlist start automatically after one song even if you play an album or a playlist?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts