Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth and speaker problem (even though they are connected)

Solved!

Bluetooth and speaker problem (even though they are connected)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue:

Hello dear Spotify Community, I have a problem with my speaker. The device can be paired perfectly with my cell phone via Bluetooth but now when I play Muisk via spotify, I hear it on my cell phone and not on the speaker.
Other apps such as Youtube are played through the box, so there must be a setting that determines the playback device. I know that there is a similar setting  ("available devices") for that but nothing happens there despite trying out.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello again @TheGamingCode,

Thanks for your quick reply and confirming going through the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Sorry to hear it's still not working. I'd suggest to do a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to make sure you've got the most recent version running.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can try the solution in this thread to switch the output to your speaker.

Let us know how it goes.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello @TheGamingCode,

Glad to have you on the Community. No worries, we're here to help! 

If you're having difficulties casting your music to your Bluetooth speaker, could you first off check out this page and go through the steps 🙂

Should the issue persist, it'd be great if you could let us know your exact Spotify version, the current version of the firmware installed on your phone and the type of speaker you're trying to connect.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator

Hello @Xenia,

unfortunately I have already gone through every step exactly and have been unable to find a solution

Regrettably I don't know how i look up my exact spotify version but im 100% sure I  have the latest one of course not only on my computer but also on my cell phone.

If I misunderstood you and you meant the operating system of my cell phone it is Android 8.0.0

Heres my speaker information:

Its name is Phillips BT2600B/00

https://www.amazon.de/Philips-BT2600B-00-kabelloser-Lautsprecher/dp/B014KRVPIY

I hope I was able to provide you with the most necessary information so far. If you have any further questions, I am of course at your disposal. For now, I thank you for your effort

Marked as solution

Hello again @TheGamingCode,

Thanks for your quick reply and confirming going through the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Sorry to hear it's still not working. I'd suggest to do a clean reinstall of the app on your phone to make sure you've got the most recent version running.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can try the solution in this thread to switch the output to your speaker.

Let us know how it goes.

XeniaModerator

@Xenia
It came very unexpectedly, but the clean reinstallation already solved the problem. I thank you for the effort you put in to solve my problem!

Hey @TheGamingCode,

Thanks a lot for letting me now the reinstallation solved the issue! Very glad I could help and you can now enjoy your tunes on your Philips speaker 👍

Happy listening!

XeniaModerator

Suggested posts