Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Broken sync

Broken sync

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

ASUS N76V

Operating System

Linux Mint

My Question or Issue

I am having an issue oddly similar to this one: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Adding-Large-Number-of-Tracks-breaks-Your-Mu...

trying to copy paste tracks from this playlist into a new empty playlist completely breaks my sync. I've unsubscribed from premium and looking at other options outside spotify for the time being as this is a big deal for me.

4 Replies

Hey @Kidinnu.

Thanks for posting in the Community. Sorry for the late reply, we just stumbled upon your thread.

By sync do you mean the time stamps of your tracks in the old playlist? If so, this is the intended behaviour of copying tracks  from one playlist to another. This is so because the new time stamp is the date the song was added to the new playlist. If this is not the issue, please provide additional information on what exactly you're trying to do.

Keep us in the loop.

NikolaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

By sync do you mean the time stamps of your tracks in the old playlist?

Nope, by sync I meant tracks don't sync at all and then suddenly do after a while for some reason. Seems like this happens when I try to move chunks of 3000+ tracks from one playlist to another in one go. Which makes sense, but the app could at least warn the user when they try to manipulate large chunks of music. For example: "Looks like you're trying to copy more than 3000 tracks in one go. This might take some time to process and won't get any feedback from the server for a while. Are you sure you want to proceed?"

Hi @Kidinnu!

That's a neat feature and it looks like someone has already submitted an idea about it here, check it out!

Even though the idea is marked as Closed, we’ll continue to monitor it and update its status once it reaches the required votes, so feel free to +VOTE for it and Subscribe so you won't miss out on any future updates.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ok will do that, thanks.

Suggested posts