Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Casting local file

Casting local file

Looking to cast a shushing file for my daughter. I've added it to my playlist but cannot be played on chrome cast. Anyway to solve this? 

2 Replies

Hi @BorisT, welcome to the community, and thanks for sharing your question. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible, as devices such as Chromecast, Connect enabled speakers, and so forth, stream directly from Spotify's servers and don't have access to local files. The only workaround for this at the moment would be to connect to a device through Bluetooth or some other input if your device offers that option.

Also, you might check out this related idea and leave a vote/feedback suggesting this is something you'd be interested in seeing implemented.

Thanks!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Another disadvantage of the fact that Spotify, unlike Apple Music and YouTube music, does not allow users to upload their own songs to the cloud. It's really a terrible limitation, as there's so much obscure and semi-obscure music that Spotify does not have. Why don't you folks take away that key advantage of competitors. Apple Music and YouTube Music subscribers would flock to you in droves.

Suggested posts