Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing the heart button to a plus

Solved!

Changing the heart button to a plus

Hey there,

We wanted to let you know that our design team is currently testing a new layout for the button responsible for adding items to Your Library and your playlists on iOS. The team is exploring revamping the look and some of the functions of the Now Playing view and this includes a possible change of the heart symbol for a plus sign thus streamlining the process to encompass "one button to rule them all" design.

In some versions of the app you might see a plus instead of the heart or you may see some differences in the way the Now Playing view looks, so if you want to share your feedback with the team it's best that you also include a screenshot of what you see so that we'd be able to properly sort and forward your thoughts.

When designing this new experience our teams tried to incorporate as much as possible of your valuable feedback from our older tests about this. As before, we would really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the test in this thread. Your feedback will this way reach the right team directly.

Let's continue to together improve our experience using the Spotify app!

Dian_0-1673963885652.png

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
229 Replies

This whole design is dumb. How do I disable being able to participate in these dumb yest for you guys??? Have people that want to test this sign up rather than forcing them on your **bleep**ing users and then enraging them. I am downloading an older version of this app for the time being (thank god for android apks) because the design is dumb and backwords. I do not have a plus, I still have a "Heart" but now its on the left side of the screen when it used to be on the right side. Why move it? Now I have to reach further for it. On the right side you still have the option for the 3 dots but when using it it brings up an option to "Like" songs rather than save and this is creating a bunch of confusion.

Not to mention now the artist name is at the top of the screen making it super hard to reach on bigger phones. When pressing it it also takes you to the playlist and not the album. The bottom right shows "Liked Songs" and now trying to go to your queue is a whole two other steps now.

Screenshot_20230122_111653_Spotify.jpg

It’s fine but why is the name of the song in top of the screen now? It looks terrible and I’m extremely nervous every time I play a song

I like the heart more, as it signifies you like/love the item.

Yeah it's super annoying. Now you can't "glimpse" at the Song or who made it, but need to take your eyes of the controls and look up to the top of your screen.

I do not understand why the UX designers of Spotify feel the need to change fundamental elements of the App experience 2-3 times a year, then a lot of users hate it and they revert back after a few weeks.

Yes, change is good: I love that the share and sleep timer buttons as well as the upcoming songs are now quickly and easily accesible but why change the important stuff everyone needs (like a few months ago when the heart button wasn't adding the song to your library anymore but instead it brought up your playlists and you had to do two clicks to add it)

I hope this gets changed back very soon.

My app just got a new update and now every time I add a song to a playlist off of the now playing screen, it closes out of that screen afterward, kicking me back out to whatever I was looking at before. Super annoying, it should keep the now playing screen open. And adding insult to injury, all the buttons on that screen have moved again. Please put them back!

The icon itself I don’t care at all, but not being able to see in a glance if a song is liked or not within the album or playlist is a big big negative. I hate every single second without it.

Please add back the green heart that shows up besides liked songs.

I just opened my Spotify app today to notice that the heart feature has been replaced with a add to library button which requires more presses plus it doesn’t even show what songs you’ve already liked (before I could’ve just checked a playlist and seen how many of the songs I have already liked) well not anymore. This was one of the last reasons why I loved Spotify so much. Please bring it back since this way it’s easier to like a song on Apple Music than on here 😞

I don't give a duck if the button is a plus, star, heart or a giant **bleep**.

But for the love of god get the song title under the album art, above the buttons and stop fixing things that aren't broken.

wow, ok you should ask a staff member instead of saying that stuff on here,maybe ask nicely on a new post so they will see it. 

The new update where the song title and artist name is above the album cover is pretty bad. Not only does it look wierd but it is also not ergonomic in any way. Hope you go back to how it used to be because it was much better. Thank you!

So so so excited about this! Makes the ability to add to/remove from multiple playlists sooo much easier!  The green check mark update that was temporarily implemented awhile was such a game changer for playlist curating 🙂 Was so bummed when it went away.  The automatic addition of tracks to "Liked Songs" seems like a great solution and the ability see all playlists and easily add/remove will be soooo fantastic!

I the sleep timer moon icon smack in the middle of my display between a share button and a like button. It’s really weird and I don’t know why it’s changed, but I’d love a reversal

I used to be able to click the song and it would take me directly to the album. It is not letting that happen with the new update. Now i have to hit the three lines and choose album. Longer process than before  Also nothing happens when I click the album cover. It would make all the sense to have the go directly to the album. Please fix! 

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Spotify is really doing their best to make this app impossible to use with one hand. I unfortunately only have one hand. Before you removed the possibility to swipe left and right between albums, playlists and artists. 

Now when playing it is not possible to press on the title or artist name to be redirected to the album or their page. 

Why would you change that?? Usability is going downhill by the day. 

I've been using spotify for as long i can remember, and i've always preferred saving all my liked songs into one single place, "liked songs". A lot of the times while shuffling through my liked songs i will find a song i haven't heard in a long time and will purposely un-like the song and re-like it so that it appears on the top of my liked songs. this was an amazing feature that almost everyone i know uses. since it's gone it's become such a hassle to bring a song back to the top so i can easily access the songs i like currently. 

I personally really hate the way the new player looks like 

Mobile or desktop? 

The new UI floating around is ATROCIOUS. Rounded cover art is the only good thing about it.

◉ Title & Artist at the top. WHY? Makes it harder to tap on some of the most important elements.

◉ Share/Sleep button in the deadass centre. WHY? It looks so dumb.

◉ Playlist name is now shifted to the bottom but now tapping it doesn't even take me to the playlist. What's the point?

◉ Why the + instead of ♡ ?? The button was a great way to quickly add a song to my library and it looked friendlier too. Instead of just removing the  why not make it so that long pressing the ♡ button gives us the option to add the song to a playlist?

◉ There's now an arrow at the top of the NowPlaying screen but contrary to iOS, swiping down on Android STILL doesn't close the NowPlaying screen. Its so dumb that iOS has had this "feature" since forever and Android doesn't.

◉ The navigation bar (while using nav-gestures) still has that ugly black bar at the bottom instead of being transparent like its on iOS.

Instead of making useful changes that actually make our experience better and that look aesthetically pleasing, Spotify devs are just moving buttons around randomly, making the whole experience a complete mess.

Screenshot_20230124-150618_Spotify.jpg

The new UI floating around is ATROCIOUS. Rounded cover art is the only good thing about it.

◉ Title & Artist at the top. WHY? Makes it harder to tap on some of the most important elements.

◉ Share/Sleep button in the deadass centre. WHY? It looks so dumb.

◉ Playlist name is now shifted to the bottom but now tapping it doesn't even take me to the playlist. What's the point?

◉ Why the + instead of ♡ ?? The button was a great way to quickly add a song to my library and it looked friendlier too. Instead of just removing the  why not make it so that long pressing the ♡ button gives us the option to add the song to a playlist?

◉ There's now an arrow at the top of the NowPlaying screen but contrary to iOS, swiping down on Android STILL doesn't close the NowPlaying screen. Its so dumb that iOS has had this "feature" since forever and Android doesn't.

◉ The navigation bar (while using nav-gestures) still has that ugly black bar at the bottom instead of being transparent like it is on iOS.

Instead of making useful changes that actually make our experience better and that look aesthetically pleasing, Spotify devs are just moving buttons around randomly, making the whole experience a complete mess. Pls, for once, listen to our feedback.

Screenshot_20230124-150618_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts