Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Collaborative Playlist No Longer Working

Collaborative Playlist No Longer Working

Hello, happy holidays everyone! 

I was wondering if anyone has faced this issue before- a collaborative playlist I had with an old friend (made by the old friend) has been working for 2 years but all of a sudden the other day when I went to view it, nothing except the playlist name appears. The photo is gone, songs are gone, only opens on my laptop and on my phone it says "this content isn't available right now". I'm thinking this most likely means the paylist was deleted by them but I just wanted some confirmation haha.

Let me know if anyone has seen this before! Thank you! 

4 Replies

Hi @hellloooimhappy,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

This most likely happened because the owner of the playlist either deleted it or removed the collaborators and made it private. Once a playlist becomes private, other users can't access the content. Only the owner of the playlist can. 

If you have the chance, you can check with the owner of the playlist. If they made it private, they can change the playlist's privacy. Then you'll be able to access it again.

On another note, if you're experiencing this with other playlists, let us know, and we can investigate further.

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem. Playlists my wife and I have shared for years (on the same family plan), she can no longer play. We've both updated our Spotify, I've made the playlist public and then private again at least 3 times (I'd prefer to keep it private - it used to work that way), I've sent her numerous collaborator links, I've checked and unchecked all the permissions.... no matter what we try, all it ever says is "this content isn't available right now." My phone is an android while hers is an iPhone, but we've been sharing playlists for years without any problems. 

Hey @kfrueh,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd suggest making sure your wife is using a newly-generated link. Remember links to join a playlist are valid for 7 days. After that, they're not usable.

If the above doesn't make any difference, we'd like to gather some additional info to better understand what's happening on your side. Does this happen when creating new playlists and sharing them with your wife to collaborate or does it happen just with pre-existing collaborative playlists? It'd be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of your wife's device and yours along with the Spotify version you're running there? Meanwhile, we'd recommend you share the link with your wife, so they can copy and paste it on the search bar of the app. Then she should hit enter/search. The playlist should be visible. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I had a shared playlist on my account and then something happened (I don't know what), it started playing a song from that playlist but on the original álbum it was taken off. I tried using the "restore deleted playlist" tool but it says I haven't deleted any playlists

Suggested posts