Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Wellness has ads

Daily Wellness has ads

On my Daily Wellness playlist today, there was a spoken part from the "Yoga Girl" or something like that.

While the section was nice, it started with an advertisement.

Can Spotify do more to filter out ads from spoken content for paid users?

4 Replies

I entirely agree.  I made it about 15 seconds into my wellness playlist.  Realized I was being assaulted by an ad and immediately changed the track. 

I pay for premium so i don't need to listen to ads.  Please make it stop.

Experiencing the same issue. I'd like to use Daily Wellness as part of my morning routine, but ads keep popping up in the podcast sections so I end up turning the whole thing of.

This should not happen for Premium subscribers.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!   

While the Spotify app doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcasts on the platform may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements or sponsorship messages in their episodes. It may also be the case that some of the podcast creators are making use of our new Dynamic Ads feature. you can learn more about this here.

If you'd like to have a completely ad-free experience when listening to podcasts, we recommend that you add your support for this idea. We’ll post any updates on the mater there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That idea is closed though. The Daily Wellness is a playlist that is in theory curated, not automatically generated. Tell podcasters that they can only participate in Daily Wellness if they give you a version without ads, problem solved. I'm assuming the benefit for the podcaster is exposure. I can guarantee that if the only thing I know about your podcast is the annoying ads, I won't be subscribing to you directly to hear more. 

Suggested posts