Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete individual Songs in an Album from Library

Delete individual Songs in an Album from Library

Plan

Premium

Device: iPhone 11 pro max, MacBook Pro und Windows PC

Operating System: (iOS 12, OSX, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue: 

I would like to remove individual songs from saved albums in my library. Currently I can only remove the entire album from the library. Often, albums that I don't want to hear have instrumentals that have the rest of the album.

At the moment I would have to create a new playlist to avoid hearing the instrumentals. Unfortunately, the list of playlists becomes very full, which is extremely annoying.

When I highlight the songs I want to delete in the library and press the DEL button, I am asked if the songs should be removed, then I click YES, but the songs are still there.

How can I delete individual songs from the library?

Best regards Daniel

Bibiliothek Song Delete_2019-12-30.JPG
2 Replies

Hey, thanks for posting! Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to remove individual tracks from the album or artist views when saving a full album, but what you could do is just save the individual tracks you like, and then only these will appear in your liked songs list and artists list; the bad news is these won't appear in your actual albums list.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @deepthrill,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

To add to what @dinomight mentioned, it's not possible to remove individual songs when clicking the heart icon heart.png on an Album to add it in Your Library. For more info on Your Library, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

However, there's an idea to change this in our Ideas Exchange that you might be interested in supporting by adding your +VOTE and feedback. 

On another note, when clicking on an Artist like it's shown on your screenshot, you should be able to see all the songs from that artist that you've individually clicked heart.png, as well as the tracks contained in an album that you've heart.png.

Keep in mind that it shouldn't be possible to remove them without unliking the album or track, which would explain why you're having troubles.

The difference between tracks that show up there because you've liked the track (and thus, it's been added to your Liked Songs playlist) and tracks that are contained in an Album you've hearted, should look something like this: 

Clicking the full heart should remove the song from Your Liked Songs, however, if you've hearted the album that contains it, it should remain in the list but the heart won't look full anymore.

Further, as you mentioned, a workaround if you'd like to only listen to certain songs from an album and removing the rest is to make a dedicated playlist for it and include only the certain tracks you want.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts