Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Deprecating Preview clips

Deprecating Preview clips

Hi everyone,

The Song Previews of playlists, albums, artist, track pages and Liked Songs were recently deprecated. Preview clips will still be available on any assisted curation and the Add songs feature under Liked Songs and playlists.

Your constructive feedback on this change is important, so don't hesitate to share it here! Let us know how you think the Song Previews could have been improved in order to provide a better user experience.

Rest assured this thread is actively being monitored and your input is taken into account by the relevant teams, so feel free to submit your suggestions below.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
81 Replies

Whenever I try to click on a playlist it wont allow me to, aswell as my own playlists it only allows me to edit them and not play previews/ look at the cover art

HAHSH THANKS FOR RESPONDING

I’m currently on a free plan,

i have an IPhone SE and uh the system is operating 👍🏽

3D559C10-B4AB-494E-87DB-17CB61FF5AD7.jpeg

 But like I’ll click on “and more” and it wont work 

this is just very strange because before I was able to look a playlists, it’s also the same for looking up songs etc

8071E73F-F1AB-4A35-8B75-E17969082F9D.jpeg

 HOPE YOUR DAYS BEEN GOOD THO

HEY AGAIN thanks for responding I restarted it and I was able to view songs in icky’s playlist and mine 

AD58BA86-E820-4A41-B9F2-7C5C79BD74B1.png

 ^^heres the latest version im running

Im still encountering a problem where I can’t see the “shuffled with” when I search A Song though. THANKS FOR THE HELP AGAIN

BE8AF6B1-501D-47E9-B9DE-65F448BF1D64.png

E2F30733-F743-477E-872D-0017293D3D8F.png

HELLO AGAIN 

yes I tried it with another persons account on my device and they were able to view shuffled with Songs.

but when I switched back my account couldn’t 

I added visual examples of mine and the other account 

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S10e

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When I open a playlist and click edit playlist, it shows up differently. Instead of seeing the album picture, song name, and artist name, I can only see the song and artist name. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Screenshot_20221103-165324_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221103-165316_Spotify.jpg

For some reason today whenever I tried to view the songs in my Spotify playlist it wouldn’t let me preview, hide them, or add them to other playlist it simply gave me the option to remove them. Is this a new update or something? No one else has it. Whatever the case this new layout is really annoying.

33EA3E42-4A96-4CB6-9231-C8174ACC19CA.png

Plan

Free

Country

France 

Device

Redmi note 9

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

the extracted mode button to access the playlists is no longer there since the last update. how do I view the songs in a playlist and like them.

Bring back the possibility to see the whole playlist and listen to previews of the songs. It was possible until the latest update. Now I'm only able to edit my own playlists and not see them otherwise.

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A22)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

If I click on a playlist (android) I can't veiw and preview songs anymore. If I want to add a song to my playlist, I have to happen to be listening to that song. Is this an update and a new disadvantage for free users or is this a glitch?

092B16F9-7AFE-4368-B4D6-8A49E46B0E4D.jpeg

Just a little rant.

With the new update, you are no longer able to preview songs on your own playlists. And on playlists made by other people, you are no longer able to view a list of ANY of the songs on it at all.

Not to mention that you can no longer like songs on playlists, meaning that now you have to jump through 10 hoops to like a single song.

What is it with Spotify's obsession to "fix" things that weren't even broken in the first place? This update was completely unneeded. I used to have alot of fun making playlists and going through other peoples to find new songs, but now it's just infuriating.

I hate to be rude, but the developer team seems to ruin everything they touch. Every new update that comes out is disappointment after disappointment.

Is there anyway to revert this at all? If this is some type of "push this feature out to a few people to see if it goes well, then push it out to everyone later if it does" thing, I want to know if theres a way to opt out. And if it is that, I want to beg Spotify to not push out this feature to everyone. It's a horrible change to playlists, and it has more downsides than benefits.

Yes this new update has to be the worst one yet

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 16.0.2

(For context, I have downloaded every possible update and have been checking the App Store frequently over the past few days.)

I’m not sure if this is a feature you can turn off or a new update changing the app’s fundamentals for users with a free plan, but it’s been bothering me a lot lately and I haven’t seen anything else about it.

Recently, my app has been displaying my playlists in the disorienting format attached. I cannot see the album covers of songs in my playlist, nor can I play a sample clip of them — in addition, when browsing other playlists that are not my own, I can’t even view the full list of songs in them and am limited to a short list, as shown in the attachment below. As someone who enjoys expanding my taste in music, keeping tabs on my friends’ playlists, and exploring the playlists of other users, this new function of not being able to scroll through songs in others’ playlists or play clips of songs I don’t know is a seriously aggravating issue. I’ve convened with other friends of mine that are also using Spotify’s free plan and I’ve found that we all are experiencing the same issue.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

DEDFA65B-FDE5-4B22-AC0D-290FF21EF5B5.png
807104F5-4D81-47A8-983F-9F3D63E21A63.png

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

iPhone 6S Plus

My Issue

Hi Spotify team,

I have a serious issue with my playlists where I cannot move the songs on it. Up until today it was always the same: three dots, edit playlist and dragging the song to where I want it but today for some reason, the three bars which allow me to drag the songs have completely vanished (this is on all my playlists)

I’ve done everything: closed and reopened the app, reinstalled it TWICE and logged out and in again TWICE.

Also it’s not a new feature as my cousins phone is on free plan but the only difference is that her phone is Samsung but she can still move her songs.

Any idea how to fix this? I’ve attached some screenshots to shown you what it’s like. Two of the photos are from the same playlist and one of them is from another one.

3926973A-91A1-4071-B772-F951654D0EE0.png
3B8D7F9D-F148-42B6-BB07-56A8F258A159.png
FAC26738-7296-46A8-A90F-EC1F59BEAA17.png

I’ve also powered off my phone and powered it on again.

I have the same problem on my android.

Thanks for your reply. This is a problem for all playlists. I can't screen record, but here is what it looks like when I click on a playlist(first image). Like I said, there is no way to veiw it or any other playlist, and
this means that the only way to view a song is to be listening to it. I can however edit my custom playlists, but I cannot even preview the songs, only delete them(second image). Since I have the free version I can't select
specific song to play, so this makes adding new songs extremely difficult.
Thanks, and I hope this helps
TuxedoChicken99

##- Please type your reply above this line -#

Screenshot_20221112-132747_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221112-133531_Spotify.jpg

I am a very visual person. And I also listen to a lot of music. Therefore I tend to remember songs by album cover which tends to stick in my memory far better than a billion song titles and artists.  I also like to add songs I've heard maybe once to playlists to listen to later.

Now when I go to edit my playlists, I find myself completely lost and unable to recognize any of what I've added and haven't listened to. The issue is, I can't preview the song either to remind myself what it sounds like. This also makes it harder to browse other people's playlists to look for music, one of the things I liked best about Spotify previously.

0DC14928-C60A-4312-B50F-B3005A0BE12E.jpeg

So as the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I suspect that most people want the old UI back. I hope that if Spotify cares about their customers at all, they'll do something about it.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 15.6.1)

My Question or Issue

In the past couple of days, my Spotify keeps losing some features. I've lost the ability to preview songs in my playlists or sort my liked songs several times today. And to fix it, I have to clear cache and log out only for the issues to start again a few hours later. Please help me stop this for good.

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 16.0.2

My Question or Issue

Why is the playlist view gone? Or its an issue

I know I have free plan but when you viewed playlists u could click on songs and get previews now I can’t and it’s hard and annoying to find new songs

Suggested posts