Premium

Country

USA

Device

HP Envy x360

Operating System

Windows 11 Home

My Question or Issue

I just got a new laptop and I'm having issues finding the local files option. On my old laptop I could find them using the instructions in the faq, but the app looks different on the new one. 

Under my username it only has the profile, log out, and account options. The only "settings" options I have are for the actual look (i.e zoom in/out, print, etc) not Spotify itself, and I can't even click on the edit button. The three dots above the Home/Search/Your Library option have been removed, and right clicking on the screen does nothing. Not sure what else to do. I've tried dragging and dropping the file but it doesn't work either. Help??

1.png
2.png
2 Replies

Looks to me like you’ve saved the web player as an app instead of downloading and installing the desktop client. 

Hi @Grom5,

thanks for posting !

From the screenshots you provided, i can assume you're currently using the web player (in app mode) in your browser, which is why the layout, menus and features look different.

I would recommend visiting the official Spotify webpage and download the desktop client app from there - you can also use the Microsoft version.

Then the local files should be working as expected.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts