Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Most of my playlists don't appear in search results

[Desktop] Most of my playlists don't appear in search results

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10, Manjaro Linux

My playlists are organized in a tree of folders, usually they're just albums saved for later, a lot of them is no longer displayed in search results. It may be somehow related to the time of creation (some playlists from 2018 will appear in search results, playlists from 2017 - no), but I tried only few random after expanding the tree on the left. It think it started ~2 weeks ago.

The same problem occurs on both Linux and Windows (before and after update to the latest version).

And it looks like I had the same problem 2 years ago (it automagically disappeared)

2021-05-03_21-27.png2021-05-03_21-23.png

5 Replies

Hey @excubitor_pl,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall of the app on your devices? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try searching for them while being logged in to another account to see if anything changes.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It didn't help.

I followed the instructions on Windows, now I'm on 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a from Windows App Store. The same for Linux version (wrapped .deb package, 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de). Checked fresh install on android too.

> It's also a good idea to try searching for them while being logged in to another account to see if anything changes.

All of my playlists are private, going through few thousands of them manually would not be easy 😉 I switched four random to public and two of them are now searchable.
But..
From UI point of view (looking at my tree - non-searchable playlist begin somewhere in mid-June 2018. I played with the API a little bit - playlists with ids up to 917 appear in search result. Nothing with id above, private or public.
Moving playlist above the 917th makes it visible in search result. Playlist moved above 917th disappears after restart of the app. I hoped to see something more obvious, like first 1000 but now I'm only more confused.

Hey there @excubitor_pl

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest that you clear any entries that contain Spotify from your host files. You can find the steps on how to do that here.

Also, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their account in your PC to check if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Nope, it's still the same. Different OSes, different networks, nothing spotify-related in the hosts files. Even different computers.

I didn't find anyone with ~1k playlists to test it. As I mentioned above, I'm able to find some of my playlists, when I checked it with Web API, iirc the last searchable playlist had index 917.

The thing is.. rearranging folders (moving up/down) seems to change these ids and affects search result. So let's say that I have 900 playlists in each folder (for each year, arranged from 2020 to 2016). I can find everything from 2020, a few latest from 2019 and nothing else. But when I move e.g. 2016 and 2017 to the top and wait few seconds - I can find all from 2016, a few from the folder above and nothing from 2020 and 2019.
Today it's offset=963 that returns the last playlist that I'm able to see in search results.

Hi there @excubitor_pl,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply,

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts