Distinction between "save" and "like"

Highlighted

Distinction between "save" and "like"

charmquark
Casual Listener

The new design has made saving certain albums seemingly impossible. For some (usually deluxe) albums that have bonus tracks or demo tracks added to them, I would save only the songs that were part of the original track listing, then from the library, download the album. Now those tracks that I've saved have become "liked," and in my library, what is "saved" is the entire deluxe album, unwanted tracks and all. Worse still is that the entire album is downloaded, and not just the previously "saved" and "liked" tracks.

Does anyone else have this problem with the new design or is there a way to fix it? This makes me want to cancel my premium subscription

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Distinction between "save" and "like"

Hey @charmquark,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

We recently rolled out a new Your Library experience. As a result, the way that music is saved to Your Library has changed - you can read about the changes in detail here.

Now, when you save an album, you'll see it appear under Albums in Your Library. When you like an individual song from an album, you'll see that appear in your Liked Songs playlist.

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed Your Library was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any questions about any of the above 😉

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

yannLF
Casual Listener

Hi,

Making a difference between saving albums and liking songs is really great and a feature I was really looking forward to.

However, it looks like every single songs of all the albums I've saved in the past are in my "liked songs" playlist, which is REALLY annoying, because I've often saved random albums because I liked one song and thought I'd come back to the album later to listen to it - although I don't always come back to them straight away and more importantly I don't always like all the songs in those album.

Is there a way to "clean" my liked song playlist of all the songs automatically added when I saved album, and only keep the songs I've actually "liked"??

Thanks a lot

Highlighted

robminnaert
Casual Listener
I have the exact same problem
SUGGESTED POSTS