NEXT STEP

Distorted Pixelated Album Art

Distorted Pixelated Album Art

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PX5 Head Unit (I'm not completely sure, was in the car when bought) 

Operating System

Android 8 

Hello, I have looked around the community and can't quite find a thread that looks like my problem (apologies if I have missed one). In the last two days my album art on the home screen and in the now playing window looks incredibly pixelated/distorted/likes not loaded?

They seem to load in other screens just not these two. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the app, as well as different types of internet connection (home wifi, public wifi, hotspot from phone) and there is no cure to this odd issue. 

Attached are photos if that helps 🙂

Thank you so much! 

IMG_20220515_131411587_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220515_131438282_HDR.jpg
1 Reply

Hi @velmadrag,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

This really looks strange, so we'd like to get some more info to be able to investigate. Do we get correctly that this happens to the album art only on the Home screen and the Now playing bar? Was this always like that on your head unit, or you've noticed this after a recent update of the Spottily app or your head unit's firmware? How do you usually connect your Spotify to the audio system of your vehicle to listen in the car?

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled your app which is  a very good and valid troubleshooting step. What we can suggest here is to try this once more, but this time to follow this guide about clean reinstall of the app. This is more thorough than the normal reinstall and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See if this will make a difference for you.

If the above doesn't change the situation for you, please also share with us the exact Spotify version on the devices where you experience this.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts