Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download to only one device

Download to only one device

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone XR, IPad Air

Operating System

(iOs)

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to download only to my phone?  My phone has ample storage but my (work) iPad is very limited 16gb

3 Replies

Hey, @papaj69 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

If you're talking about the downloads of songs, you can choose on what device you want to download your songs and albums, however, you will just be able to listen to them offline, if you download them on the device, of course. 

You can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices.

For more information about it, you can take a look at this following support article:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, you didn’t specify how to download on only one specific device. I have the same problem and when i download a playlist on my phone it automatically does so on my ipad, which i don’t want. How can I chose the device on which a specific playlist is downloaded? 

Thank you for your help!

Hey there @klerteh,

Thanks for the post.

This shouldn't be happening. There is no connection between the download option on your phone and other devices. Try disabling the download on your iPad for some playlists and check if they get removed from your phone as well.

It's possible that all your playlists on both devices get re-downloaded or synchronized on the same day, as this happens once a month, or when you make a change to a playlist, like adding or removing a song.

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts