Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo Account - Playlist transfer

Duo Account - Playlist transfer

Hi all, 

I have just signed up to a Spotify Duo account. My wife kind of hijacked my account some years ago and has built up a number of playlists etc. I moved to another music subscription (dont judge) but now im back because of Duo and the ability to have 2 accounts without the family account option. 

My question is - am I able to do a mass transfer of my wifes playlists etc to her new account on Duo leaving my personal account as the master account with my music on. Im happy to start again with my music, but need to transfer her stuff over. 

Alternatively I use the new Duo account, but as im the account holder I thought it would be easier to manage as the 'primary account'. 

Thanks, 

10 Replies

Hey @Agrius, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes you’re able to transfer her playlists to her account following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer. Just skip the part that says Delete the old account since you’re just transferring the content from your account to hers.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Billy-J, thanks for the information. This is exactly what I need to transfer the music over. Very quick reply too which is really appreciated. 

Before I start moving playlists over, is there a way to bulk transfer? There a quite a few playlists to move. 

Thanks, 

Hey @Agrius,

You’re welcome! Happy to hear the info you needed was given at a prompt time, that’s what I was hoping for.

I am afraid there isn’t a way to bulk transfer that I know of, but can you let me know what exact device you want to transfer the content on— I can check on my end to see if there is a way to do this. 

Keep me updated.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @Billy-J,

I'm flexible. Can either work with Windows10, IOS, IPadOS, or MacOS.

Thanks,

Hey @Agrius,

Awesome! So this process is best to be done on a computer since you have more tools to move more than one thing at once. 

I did check on my computer to see if there was a way to bulk transfer multiple playlists but I am afraid there isn't at the moment. Of course, this is something great that you pointed out and I'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks. 

You'll be able to transfer the content to the new account following the link I provided in my earlier replies.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or need any more help, just let me know!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @Billy-J,

Thanks for the reply and looking into this for me.
It would be a good option for Spotify to review as I imagine that many people share a single account with husband/wife/kids at home and then we they change to a Duo or family plan need to transfer a heaps of playlists over. BUT - its still good that the transfer option is there, be it one at a time.

Thanks again for all your help and support Billy-J, you have been great!

Cheers,

Hey @Agrius,

You’re most welcome, and thanks for your patience as I took a look for you as well! 

I completely understand and it’s been noted. If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to let me know, or you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes you can mass transfer your wife playlist using MuzConvtool.

We just got iphones instead of android but i can't sign in to premium duo subscription on my iphone

Hi there @Iamahilton,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

If you already subscribed or accepted the invite to join the Duo plan from your account, then you just need to make sure you're logging in with the correct account on your iPhone. Try logging out and back in. You can double-check your subscription status on your account page. If it shows up as Premium, make sure you log in with the same email address in the app as the one that's displayed on your account page. You can follow the recommendations in this article.

Let us know how that goes or if you need help with anything else.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts