Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW DO I LIST MY ARTISTS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER????

HOW DO I LIST MY ARTISTS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER????

Hello 

I can no longer view the lists of my followed artists in Alphabetical Order??   this is extremely frustrating because I go to great effort to create a music library for myself..

When I want to look up an album to listen to really quickly it is much better when the artists are organized alphabetically!!

Spotify used to do this automatically, but it seems it is no longer does??  How do I switch it back?  I have read through blogs about this.. the filters option "Organize by artist" does not work as a fix, and it appears as though I am not the only person who finds this frustrating!!    PLEASE HELP!

9 Replies

Hi @Durness

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To sort your artists on mobile:

1. Go to Your Library and tap Artists.
  2. Pull down and release to display Filters in the top-right corner. Tap it.
  3. Tap your preferred sorting option.

SearchFilter.gif

On desktop:

1. Go to Artist tab in Your Library (left column)
  2. Choose a Sorted by option from the dropdown menu and click Name to sort alphabetically. 

For more details on the Sort and Filter function, check this support article. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Hi,

On my Nvidia Shield, artists appear in an unchangeable order and that order seems to make no sense: it's not alphabetical, not by order of popularity, not in the order in which I Added them. And the longer the list is, the harder it is to retrieve a particular artist in it. There is no way to sort them, by any criterion.

Spotify_20200208_074924.png

Hello @Serial_Watcher

Thank you for your response!

Currently it's not possible to sort artists on Nvidia Shield. 

You're always welcome to post an Idea in the right area of the Spotify Community. Here you can read how to do it.

For more details on how the Idea Exchange works, make sure to check the rest of the articles linked there. 

Have a great day! 

I'm on the new updated library on my iPhone.
When I select artists in in My Library all I see are the most recently played. Perhaps it's because I don't appear to have anything to pull down and release to display Filters in the top-right corner. All I have to right is a Magnifying glass and a + symbol. On the bottom there's an Add Artist option.
What I want to see are all the ablums in my Library and sort them byArtist

Hello @Daidin and thanks for the question!

To sort your liked albums in the new Your Library make sure to choose the Albums filter, then tap the arrows icon_sorting_arrows.png (right below the content filters) and choose the order. 

For more details on sorting and filtering check out this Support Article

If you want to read more about the new Your Library experience on mobile, take a look at this article

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Not possible on shield.  Not possible on fire tv.  Not possible on web app.  How is it possible to screw up something so basic across so many platforms (but also not across all platforms)???

There is no way to organize artists in alphabetical order in consoles. I wanted to use my Xbox Series X console to listen to Spotify. But, can't put the artists in alphabetical order. Pretty fundamental mistake there. They should just remove Spotify apps from all the platforms where it is not possible to oeganize the followed artists. Because that is a major mistake and means the app is fundamentally broken. Very disappointed. 

I agree with you, I have been looking for hours for such a BASIC feature... It's incomprehensible that you haven't thought of this Spotify. The user experience, it speaks to you? ^^

Probably has less to do with them forgetting, and more to do with them wanting you to install the desktop app, so they can sell your data.

Suggested posts