Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete a playlist and keep it deleted?

How do I delete a playlist and keep it deleted?

I have a shared playlist with someone and they became a collaborator, however I have decide to delete the playlist. Every time I log into Spotify, the playlist reappears. Is it because the collaborator might still be listening to it? How do I keep it deleted or removed from my profile?
3 Replies

Hi there @Wilmarie 

Thanks for reaching out. A playlist should stay deleted once you delete it, only getting restored if you restore it yourself. Does this happen with any other playlist? If you haven't tested please do so. Does the playlist appear on all devices? Some screenshots or a video would be very helpful too. 

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan, 

Thank you for your response. I have deleted other playlists, as you suggested, and they don't do the same thing as this particular playlist. The ones I deleted, stay deleted. The playlist only appears on my laptop, and not on my phone for some reason? Please excuse what it looks like, it was a playlist between my ex and I. I deleted all the songs and removed him as a collaborator, hoping it would disappear, but it has not. 

Thanks for your help! 🙂 

Hey @Wilmarie,

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

In this case, it's best to reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, as they're the ones who can take a closer look at this and assist you further.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts