Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find artists I'm following?

Solved!

How do I find artists I'm following?

So I find artists I like and I follow them, but how do I then find a list of all the artists I'm following to select one to listen to? I'm obviously being a bit dense. I can only see playlists on the left, but not people I'm following

Thanks in advance!

Jackie

92 Replies

What's wrong exactly @bohema ?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't think I can explain it better than I allready have. In Spotify (not webpage, but in the program on my pc): on the top on the right side is my name, and to the left of my name it's a picture of me, and there is a bell.

When I cklick on the bell I will see new notifications, this works ok.

When  I click on my name nothing happens.

When I click on my photo nothing happens.

See the printscreen:

I also logged in at a test account with help from support, but it's the same error there.

spotify test not working.png

Does it work if Spotify isn't maximized (make the window smaller)?

Peter

Thank you! 🙂 It solved the problem!

It happens to me too, the menu opens onto my other screen sometimes!

Peter

ha! but when you go to who you're following under your profile, you can't play their music!  you just get their "overview" who they're "following" and who their "followers" are.  you literally have to search for them to be able to play your favorite artists.

That is true, although you can now use the your music collection system to save artist content which is what I have been doing lately!

Peter

Alos in the left had sidebar under the heading your music there is a category called artists. By default and glitch it gives you a message about "adding" artists from the Discover section. If you navigate to discover and fine an artitst you like and rollowver there will be a Plus sign ... roll over that as you get toe "save" teh artists. Go back to the artists section under your music. 

magically all the artists you preciously followed are now there....

I have read posts about this was removed from Follow due to low interaction. But to put it under my name and profile is just dumb, sorry for the harsh and upfront word. 

This should logically and regarding to UI-design be under Follow or have an own tab. It is a great function to be able to follow but needs more space or to be easier to find.

This is bizarre. Shouldn't a "follow" link that you can click to quickly pull up to all the artists you follow be one of the first things implemented in the software design of both the desktop and mobile versions?

I'm new to spotify and am currently on a 3 month promo offer. Overall, the service has been great even though the user interface isn't the most intuitive, but this simple (but HUGE) follow feature that is missing is enough for me to cancel and search out what the competitors have to offer.

On my iphone version, I find myself often having to type in the artist's name in the search engine. Considering I use the app mostly while driving, I'm often stuck listening to whatever I already selected at the start of the drive so I don't distract myself from the road.

Isn't this a 30 second fix for the programming team that can be released in the next updated version of the software? I hope Spotify makes the addition. Thanks!

Artists you follow should now also appear in the "Artists" tab of Your Music collection (although there seem to be a few issues with it at the minute).

Peter

Hi there.

I am following 315 artists. I took the time, went through, spent my evening, found them all and followed them all on the highly sound presumption that I could then pick from them what I wanted to listen to. Unfortunately this is not the case at all.

The Windows app and Android app each only show 100 or so artists, always the same ones. 200+ just aren't shown, ever.

If I go directly to their page they are 'followed' but simply viewing a list of them all, i.e. super basic functionality, is currently impossible and reading the boards it looks like it's been like this for literally years.

First world problems and all but this actually stops Spotify being useful for me, and it is an enormous bug that should be a very easy fix (i.e. it's surely easier for it to just display them all than to try to pick and choose for some reason and ultimately fail!). Please fix it.

Thanks.

Having exactly the same problem!

I've got 192 artists following so far, but not all of them are shown in alphabetical order in my artists page!

is that a bug?

...and now the artists who aren't in the shortened list have totally forgotten I followed them at all, thus actually undoing several hours' work. Not good at all, seriously.

Still waiting to hear any updates about this issue I'm afraid. Hang in there.

Peter

Really all you have to do is go into the app and go to your profile and it says e.g.(following 121) you tap that and it shows who you are following.

Except it actually doesn't, it only shows about a quarter of them in my case.

I wonder if it only shows the artists that you have recently played

Afraid not. Can find no pattern in which ones it shows other than it's almost always the same ones and it should be all of them.

Really, I do not see why this can not just be under "Follow". In there now I find lots except the things I am currently following.

MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

Suggested posts