Announcements

How do I fix “device limit reached” trying to download music onto my phone?

How do I fix “device limit reached” trying to download music onto my phone?

Epicburrito8
I can’t download my music onto my phone, I recently just got a new phone and can’t fix this problem. I want to download my likes on my library but “device limit reached remove all downloads from another device to listen offline with this one”
4 Replies

Yordan

Hi there @Epicburrito8!

You probably have downloaded music on an older device. If you have access to it, you can remove the downloads either from the Spotify app (Settings > Remove all downloads) or by clearing the app's cache and data.

In case you no longer have access to one of these older devices, where you had downloaded music, you can instead get in touch with the folks over at Customer Support who'll be able to remove them remotely.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

MatthewUnder20Char

I've tried this on 3 old devices already, some of which I'd already deleted spotify from, but the problem is still presisting.

Dian

Hey @MatthewUnder20Char,

Thanks for the reply.

As @Yordan mentioned, you can contact a customer support representative to have your offline devices removed. You can find out here how to do that.

On another note, an unused offline device should be removed automatically after 30 days of the app on the device not being able to connect to the internet.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Benedict138

Wheres the remove all downloads on the settings, i cant see it 😅😅

Suggested posts

Env: prod