Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get artists to show up separately on a local file?

Solved!

How do I get artists to show up separately on a local file?

In an effort to put some local files onto my Spotify playlists, I thought I would organise them properly using the artist names, albums, etc.

However, when I try to separate the artist names so they show up as distinct from one another, it doesn't work; I use semicolons to separate them (i.e. Artist 1; Artist 2; Artist 3) in the metadata of the file, and they show up as separate on File Explorer, but Spotify just shows the list of artists with the semicolons. Is there any way of making it so Spotify sees each artist name as a separate artist and separates them by commas automatically (as with a song uploaded by the artist themselves) or will I just have to have the commas in the metadata so it looks like they're separate?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Charlie_P,

Thanks for the post.

You might want to use a different software to edit the song metadata. Some offer the possibility to add multiple artists and contributors to the song metadata.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Charlie_P,

Thanks for the post.

You might want to use a different software to edit the song metadata. Some offer the possibility to add multiple artists and contributors to the song metadata.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks a lot 🙂

Suggested posts