Announcements

How do I prevent or block certain podcasts from being recommended?

How do I prevent or block certain podcasts from being recommended?

freddycrabs
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How do I prevent or block certain podcasts from being recommended? I'm sick of seeing the higher ground podcast everywhere on Spotify and want to get rid of it.

5 Replies

Re: How do I prevent or block certain podcasts from being recommended?

Billy-J
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @freddycrabs, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I am afraid this isn’t possible right now. If this is something you’d like to see in the future, you can always create a new Idea about this following these steps.

I hope you’ll find this useful. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything else!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Blabonte05
Visitor

Annoying that I get michelle obama s podcast shoved down my throat.  No way to block or remove. 

Wrigz42
Visitor

I completely agree. I've never used Spotify for podcasts, yet every time I'm on my home screen I see Michelle Obama recommended constantly, no others like Joe Rogan, whos podcast I actually watch/listen too. Come on guys, mix it up a bit! How about promoting the smaller podcasts too there are some amazing litterally and educational casters out there, give them the spotlight for a while. 

Also (but unrelated) what's the point of having the ability to download music for offline play if you (Spotify) are going to stop it playing after ten minutes. Smh. 

nauticalinfidel
Casual Listener

My issue is with voice commands and similar sounding titiles.

Every morning I ask Google Home to play "Your Daily Drive"

Worked great.  Then...and now...I get "Guy's Daily Drive" podcast.

Now, Guy's podcast is actually something I might be interested in...but I really want the Spotify playlist when I ask for it.

choulicat1
Casual Listener

this is cr ap, they say "im sorry thats not a thing rn but vote and it mighT!" It NEVER DOES  AND I KEEP SEEING A BAD POCAST I DONT WaNT TO GET IN trouble BUT I KEEP SEEING IN MY SHORT CUTS AND I NEVER HEARD IT :c (I Never watched/heard in bed wth nikky :C(I Never watched/heard in bed wth nikky :C

SUGGESTED POSTS