Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I turn off the ai dj

How do I turn off the ai dj

The ai dj aromatically turned on but I don't want it, does anyone know how to get rid of it?
243 Replies

go to the home tab, scroll down to recently played, hold down on dj, the option to remove from library will come up

I selected "DJ" Beta version to check it out, but I don't care to listen to it.
It now appears along with my other playlists, and I would like to remove it.

Nah. You can remove from your library but it still shows up on the home screen. I'm done with this app.

Hi. The feature is ok. If there and option to mute the voice of the DJ it will be awesome.  Thanks.

I have seen the 'solutions' but it does not work on my devices. Windows 10, Android. Pressing the DJ icon comes up with a box showing the dj icon and a heart. And then makes the next awful dj selection.

Perhaps the Spotify boffins 'fixed' the app so that I can't get rid of the cursed selection.

I'm on a trial and likely won't renew at this point.

you could try adding it to a folder then deleting the folder. i’ve heard that works, but im on iOS so cannot verify if that’s a solution on android. 

i know you said you tried the solutions, but did going to the home tab and scrolling down to recently played and holding down on dj, then selecting remove from library not work? 

I quite like the DJ function, it's quite nice for them to find some new stuff to listen to, however, it does crash my app very often if I go from DJ to a playlist which is quite frustrating.

Other than that it's a good feature.

How do I remove AI DJ from my Spotify app. It is frightful and seems to have taken over completely.

I agree completely the voice is inappropriate to my taste in music. I quite like the idea of a dj  a little less intrusive would be nice.

I also notice despite supposedly having my workout playlists not influencing my preferences as per the setting for this, The dj  didn’t get the memo.

How do I DELETE this annoying AI DJ that showed up in MY libraries? I want it GONE. Frankly, it pisses me off when companies FORCE things on you and makes it so you can’t get rid of what THEY think are great ideas. It’s supposed to be MY libraries, right?

go to the home tab, scroll down to recently played, hold down on dj. should bring up the option to remove from library 

Just want to chime in that the DJ voice is awful and ridiculous.  The music suggestions are passable, but the fake computer generated voice is vapid and intrusive.

As of 11/26/2023 this solution (move DJ to folder, delete folder) works in the Windows application. I suspect the accursed DJ with its irritatingly chipper AI voice may reappear someday, but it's nice to have it gone for a while at least.

Enough of this AI nonsense contaminating everything. At least give people an option to opt-in if they want to or to remove and silence it completely so it doesn't get in the way.

go to the home tab, scroll down to recently played, hold down on the dj, and it should bring up the option to remove from library. 

I booted up the ai feature and now it won't let me play any other music besides what it reccomends, and it is repeatedly crashing my app. Could we get the option to turn of/disable the dj? 

Thanks,

Kay 🙂

Hi Kay,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I'd recommend performing a clean reinstall by following the steps in this article - this should fix the issue with the app crashing. There's also this idea about removing DJ from Your Library, so feel free to check it out if that's what you meant.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The AI DJ causes issues with my Bluetooth headset. Please let us entirely delete it. 

home tab, scroll down to recently played, hold down on dj, remove from library 

Suggested posts