Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to add album without liking every song in it?

Solved!

How to add album without liking every song in it?

So, I want to add album to my library. When I do it, all songs in the album automatically become "likes", while I want only few of them to be "liked".
I see that some years ago it was solved by removing this behaviour (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Like-button-on-an-album-won-t-save-all-songs-to-lik...), but I still face this issue on iOS & macOS.

Can I do something, if I want to add album to the library without auto-liking every song in it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @shchypylov!

Currently, the Liked Songs section on an artist's page includes both songs you've manually "hearted" and songs from albums saved in Your Library. When you save an album to Your Library, all tracks in that album will automatically appear under the Liked Songs section on the artist's page.

This may be due to the fact that downloading individual tracks isn't currently available on the platform. Instead, you can do that with whole albums/playlists, so this gives you the option to download only the songs of a particular artist. It's important to note, however, that these tracks won't be added to your Liked Songs playlist unless you manually "heart" them.

There's an idea about this section showing only the songs that are in your Liked Songs playlist here, so be sure to check it out and show your support, if you haven't already.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @shchypylov!

Currently, the Liked Songs section on an artist's page includes both songs you've manually "hearted" and songs from albums saved in Your Library. When you save an album to Your Library, all tracks in that album will automatically appear under the Liked Songs section on the artist's page.

This may be due to the fact that downloading individual tracks isn't currently available on the platform. Instead, you can do that with whole albums/playlists, so this gives you the option to download only the songs of a particular artist. It's important to note, however, that these tracks won't be added to your Liked Songs playlist unless you manually "heart" them.

There's an idea about this section showing only the songs that are in your Liked Songs playlist here, so be sure to check it out and show your support, if you haven't already.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts