Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete a song from a saved album after June update?

Solved!

How to delete a song from a saved album after June update?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

All devices (Desctop, Android)

Operating System 

Mac, Windows

My Question or Issue

Previously I was able to exclude songs I don't want to play from saved albums. They were skipped when I asked Spotify to play an Artist from my library. Now (after the lates June update), this doesn't work. I cannot delete a song, I can just add/remove it from the liked songs playlist. That's it, the saving songs functionality was replaced by adding songs to a single liked songs playlist. All my library was moved to that single playlist which is a complete mess. Is there any way to have an old functionality back? I don't want to create a playlist for every artist and I see no use of playing ALL songs of that artist. I want to play what I have saved to my library. What is the point of saving albums now? To add them entirely to a playlist?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found a way to save partial albums. It's not possible to remove songs from a 'liked' album how it was before. But if you 'unlike' an album and 'like' certain songs from it, they will be added to the library. So it's a workaround, just need to adjust my albums.

It's also better to follow every artist in a library now. Otherwise, they will be shown separately under the 'Recommended artists' section with some randomized ordering.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the way music is saved to Your Library.

We would like to echo what was said to @JSF130 by our Customer Support team. The best way to provide feedback on this going forward is via the Idea Exchange, specifically this relevant idea.

Make sure to add your vote to the idea: even though the idea's status is set to 'Not Right Now', we welcome and encourage our users' feedback on the matter.

If you'd like to find out more about how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks - take care!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Sadly now we're forced into an all or nothing thing for albums. I rarely saved all songs from albums before the update, so now most of my library is shoved into that playlist. Really don't understand spotify's idea of what they consider an improvement.

Marked as solution

I have found a way to save partial albums. It's not possible to remove songs from a 'liked' album how it was before. But if you 'unlike' an album and 'like' certain songs from it, they will be added to the library. So it's a workaround, just need to adjust my albums.

It's also better to follow every artist in a library now. Otherwise, they will be shown separately under the 'Recommended artists' section with some randomized ordering.

I totally agree. Nobody loves every song on every album. Before it was quite simple to download an album and then delete the one or two songs you didn't like.Now it's impossible. This was especially helpful when playing music in the car and far less dangerous than fiddling around with your i-pad trying to skip to the next song while driving. Don't know what spotify is thinking unless they are getting some kind of payback for keeping albums intact.

Can we get someone from Spotify to comment on this?
I really hate that this was removed.

I received this reply from Spotify Support;

"Hey Joseph,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We know how it will be a great help for you guys if you could easily save an album then remove a certain song. No worries, we'll sure to let the right folks know about this.

Thanks for sharing this idea!

Our developers are always looking for ways to bring better service and deals to our customers.

Although it's not something that's due to be released in the near future, it is the sort of thing we test and have conversations with our partners about.

For now, we recommend creating a Playlist where you can choose your preferred music.

On the other hand, the post to bring this feature back that is on our community page is currently set to Not Right Now, meaning it didn't garner enough support to be looked in to. No problem though, we always take into considerations ideas posted by our loyal customers.

Hope this shed some light. If you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Regards,"

Another ridiculous upgrade.

So many great ideas in this community and time after time they just decide to just remove functionality. Do the people making these decisions actually ever use this app?

Utterly ridiculous strategy and they get away with it because there is no alternative for many of us...

I'm not sure how this is a solution or even a workaround.  When you say "unlike an album" I presume you mean clicking the heart icon which removes the album from the "Album" category in your library.  Then you go back and like the individual songs you want to keep by clicking the heart icons next to each of the songs.  All this does is add those songs to the category "Liked Songs."  Liked Songs is basically just a single very long playlist of all the songs you've liked.  As some have already noted, this is worthless.  Again, the unliked album does NOT stay in the "Albums" category.  So this workaround has me removing every single album from my library so nothing shows up when I click the "Albums" category.  Then to play the songs I like, I just click the "Liked Songs" category and scroll down a list that easily contains over 6,000 individual songs until I find the Artist/Album block of songs I've liked, then click play.  This, IMO, is even worse than Spotify's "solution":  create individual playlists for each of your albums...!

I have to re-ask the question another poster already asked above:  Do the folks at Spotify who make decisions about Spotify's user interface and feature set ever actually use Spotify?  Are they music lovers?  I don't know of ANYONE, music lover or not, who wants to listen to every single song of every single album in their collection.  

It's a workaround only if you listen to your music by artists (Artists category). This doesn't work with albums, right.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the way music is saved to Your Library.

We would like to echo what was said to @JSF130 by our Customer Support team. The best way to provide feedback on this going forward is via the Idea Exchange, specifically this relevant idea.

Make sure to add your vote to the idea: even though the idea's status is set to 'Not Right Now', we welcome and encourage our users' feedback on the matter.

If you'd like to find out more about how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks - take care!

Suggested posts